Maintenance light

rjosmit
11-11-2005, 11:35 PM
my new member of the family, a 2002 jag s-type has recently given me a bit of a problem. An amber maintenance light for a fault in the engine or transmission has just lit up. I put a new battery in my car two days before, and I am hoping that this is the cause. I know I am going to have to take my car to the dealership for a diagnostic test, but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this particular warning light. I am hoping that it can just be reset, due to the fact that the battery has been replaced. Help!!

anyjoe
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I am experiencing the same "Transmission Fault" light.
Anyone know anything ???

rjosmit
03-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Mine supposibly is a bad ignition coil, but the first place I took it replaced the wrong one. Three of the coils are under the manifold, and after plenty of man hours charged, the problem continues to bother me. It has really been a pain!!!

psm
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi. How did this problem work out for you? My light came on about a couple of weeks after a battery change, too. I was out of town, found a Jag dealer who diagnosed an issue with reprogramming "PCM". Cost $100. Light came back on the next day. Drove it home (~250 miles), took it to my local Jag dealer who said the other dealer had missed some of the reprogramming. Another $100. Light was out for a couple of weeks but came back on today. I have an appt to take it in tomorrow. No actual driving problems (or so it seems). Wish me luck. :screwy:

Aston_Jag_Tech
06-14-2006, 01:29 AM
"TRANSMISSION FAULT" is displayed? Please, anyone with this issue advise me with more info on the driving chars of the car, temperature of car, outside temp, shift qualities, noises, rough idle?, anything and eveything helps. Would be glad to help out.:)

Also, the issue of the ignition coils, whenever you need to replace them replace all, not just the one or few that are faulty, do all, saves money in the long run.

Scott

Add your comment to this topic!