Finally lowered my car!

bracer
05-28-2002, 04:12 PM
FINALLY!!
After driving a 4X4 style Civic for 4 months I finally lowered it!
H&R springs 35mm lower front and rear. 35mm is not very much but it looks much better than it was. They told me it would drop another cm in a few weeks so it can only get better :)
I have some pics on my digi cam I'll post some later on.
Just thought I let you guys know :)

bracer
05-29-2002, 10:44 AM
Alrighty, pics :)

before:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ee9/vtpics/mvt05.jpg

after:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ee9/vtpics/side_vt.jpg

I might not look like it is much lower, but believe me it's a world of difference :) I'm a happy man, whahoo! lol :)

Goosse
05-29-2002, 12:33 PM
Looks good bracer. I know that 3.5cm looks like a big difference. I also had a 3.5cm drop first, and it thought it was low (it really was a big difference with the stock ride hight), but after a few months I wanted to go lower (now -5, maybe a bit higher) and now after a year, I want to go lower again. Away with the wheel gap:D

AccordCE8
05-29-2002, 03:46 PM
congratulations :D

it certainly looks better when lowered... wait while driving your cars for a few months and then drive your dad's car or so.... you'll be surprised when making a fast turn ... it really makes a big difference.
Maybe later on when you need new 'dampers' (?) you can buy some koni's... it wil give another 15mm drop or so.

nice pics.. good guality.

Veetec
05-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Looks way better than before! Good decision, bracer. :)
But personally I wouldnt go much lower. On race-tracks (which are normally in much better conditions than our normal roads) it might be good to be "as low as possible" but on normal streets it can be a disadvantage to be too low IMO.
I raced a completely modified Golf 2 ?? some days ago and it was really low and had 16" O.Z. Supertourismos. On straight streets it was as fast as my Prelude but when we had to go fast through some sharp curves it felt back a lot.
I hope you got my point!? :rolleyes: ;)

bracer
05-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys :)
I will definitely buy Koni yellow shocks in the near future (the cash just isn't there at the moment ;) )
And maybe later on I'll buy 16 or even lightweight 17" rims to get rid of the wheelgap, somehow I can't get the OZ superleggera's out of my mind...sweeeeeeettt! :D
But I'm going more for go than for show so I'm not sure about the rims yet.

Here's another pic, you can see the difference better in this pic I think
(ok ok, I'm the picpostwhore :devil: )

http://home.wanadoo.nl/ee9/vtpics/rfront_vt.jpg

Civic 1.6i VT
05-30-2002, 03:37 PM
Looks good mate. I just put some 16" Momo arrows on my civic. Pics soon! Next is some springs!

Vitinho
06-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Thats cool, I have a friend that is going to buy one like that in the end of this week, after a few rides with me he just end up VTEC addicted :D.

What other mods do you have ??

Veetec
06-10-2002, 08:36 AM
@ bracer: Did the front seats came stock with your car? Never saw seats like those before.

bracer
06-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Vitinho, it's pretty much stock for now only a Supersprint muffler, the BBS rims, K&N replacement filter, H&R springs and some small things like painted cam cover/calipers.

Veetec, yes those are the stock seats.

Veetec
06-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bracer
Vitinho, it's pretty much stock for now only a Supersprint muffler, the BBS rims, K&N replacement filter, H&R springs and some small things like painted cam cover/calipers.

Veetec, yes those are the stock seats. Pretty much stock? Its very nice like it already is IMO. Id just buy some additional suspension parts like dampers (or was it shocks again??) and strut bars and maybe some interior stuff.
The seats are weird but I like them a lot!! :)

bracer
06-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Veetec
Pretty much stock? Its very nice like it already is IMO. Id just buy some additional suspension parts like dampers (or was it shocks again??) and strut bars and maybe some interior stuff.
The seats are weird but I like them a lot!! :)

thanks, yes I'm going to upgrade the suspension further. Koni yellows, rear lower and upper strut brace and a front (upper) brace.

What do you mean weird :mad: :D
here's clear pic of them (the left bottom pic) pretty comfy but firm.
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ee9/broch/vtpag10.jpg

civic_1.6_16v
06-10-2002, 12:57 PM
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ee9/broch/vtpag10.jpg

Yeah I have those seats also, I like them verry much
they give great support on the shoulders when cornering. :D

But my drivers seat has a hole in the left side, so I'm looking
for a replacement chair, maybe the same chair but no holes ;)

I also had the chance to get some Del Sol VTi seats for 350
they were black with a red stripe in the middle
But the shoulder support isnt that much like our Civic chairs :D

bracer
06-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by civic_1.6_16v

But my drivers seat has a hole in the left side, so I'm looking
for a replacement chair, maybe the same chair but no holes ;)

I have the same problem, little hole in the left side of the drivers seat.
I've contacted a company about that and they said it would be around 100 to get that fixed + they would make the sides of the seat factory hight again (they are a little "sacked in" (?) after all those years). I think I'm going to do that, they thought I meant leather seats btw, so for the cloth seat it would be a little bit cheaper.

Veetec
06-10-2002, 01:27 PM

thanks, yes I'm going to upgrade the suspension further. Koni yellows, rear lower and upper strut brace and a front (upper) brace.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/ee9/broch/vtpag10.jpg I meant weird in a positive way! :) They look......I dunno.....different......weird.....strange.......b ut nice and comfortable. :D

Add your comment to this topic!