Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heat always on after heater core replaced

childersmark
11-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I just replaced the heater core on my 98 blazer. When I put the dash back in, my heat adjustment doesn't work. I hope I don't have to remove the dash again. It stays on hot all the time. A/C compressors runs, but comes out hot. Any help is appreciated.

dmbrisket 51
11-10-2005, 11:44 PM
vaccume, flat pack moter, or calble driven blend door?? my guess vaccume, and my guess, you forgot to/accidently bumped the vaccume line off of the blend door actuator

childersmark
11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I think the blend door is electric. There are both vacuum diaphrams and electrical connectors. However, I think the blend door is electric.

S10Husky
11-11-2005, 10:10 PM
You might have installed a screw in the wrong place. The bolt thats on the engine-side through the blower resistor hole must be used only on that location. If a longer bolt is used it will interfere with mode door functions.

childersmark
11-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh goodness, I hope it's not the wrong bolt. I would rather take a beating than to replace that thing again! Any idea how to test without removing or a better tool for removing other than an extension and universal?

dmbrisket 51
11-13-2005, 11:33 PM
extention and a swivel

S10Husky
11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh goodness, I hope it's not the wrong bolt. I would rather take a beating than to replace that thing again! Any idea how to test without removing or a better tool for removing other than an extension and universal?

The only option I think you have is to back out the bolt almost all the way out and then see if hot air is still coming out the vents.

Add your comment to this topic!