Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 aspire, leak and wheel bearing

briggie
11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
i have 2 questions first i have a leak on drivers side floor, fills up when it rains, cant find where its coming from any ideas? next my front right wheel bearing keeps going out this will be the 5th time in 5 months, any ideas what i am doing wrong? the ford garage told me to torque to 145lbs, did the left side 6 months ago never had a problem

andr3w
11-14-2005, 04:04 PM
the driver side door leak happens to my car too, at freeway speed if the windows are all closed does wind come in and the door rattle too?

my aspire did that from the day it was driven off the lot.

as for the bearing, dunno. if you're an aspire owner check out the fordaspire.com forums at http://fordaspire.5.forumer.com/

much more active and much friendlier.

gordon205
04-10-2006, 10:30 AM
i have 2 questions first i have a leak on drivers side floor, fills up when it rains, cant find where its coming from any ideas? next my front right wheel bearing keeps going out this will be the 5th time in 5 months, any ideas what i am doing wrong? the ford garage told me to torque to 145lbs, did the left side 6 months ago never had a problem

cheapest fix for the leak is to drill a small hole in floor board and it will help with drainage, try to keep small hole away from where you rest your feet. I know its not the best fix. but when you can't find the leak, you still have got to get rid of the water. good luck.

I also have been plaged with bad wheel bearings, Try useing bearings for the ford festiva 1990-1991, they seem to last a bit longer.:iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!