Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No Hazards,Turn Signals or Brake Lights

Floridacruiser
11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500. The hazards, turnsignals and brake lights quit working all at the same time while on vacation. The fuse at the end of the dash panel is good and the one under the hood is good. There is 12-Volt at these connections when you pull the fuses and use a test light. Stopped and talked to a Dodge Dealer. The service manager and mechanic said it sounded like the multi-function switch needed to be replaced. Didn't have time for them to do an offical diagnosis.

Got home and ordered a new multi-function switch and replaced it today. Still no brake lights or signals. Same problems as before!!!!!

Could the blue square flasher at the end of the dash panel cause all these problems. I'm stumped!!!!!! Replaced the flasher. Same problem exists. Another garage charged me $75.00 and said the fuse panel was bad but the part was unavailable. I found a brand new one at a Dodge dealership and ordered and installed. Still no lights!!!

I do have a Third Brakelight. I also can get Brake Lights if I put the Hazard Switch on. Looks like the ground is working through the Hazard Switch and giving Brake Lights. ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

Thanks.............Floridacruiser

Add your comment to this topic!