1995 Ford Ranger Warning Buzzer

nrcjb
05-28-2002, 01:20 PM
I have a 1995 Ford Ranger that is having some issues with the warning buzzer. When I start the truck and shut the door, the interior light stays on and the warning "dinger" stays on (kind of like when you shut the truck off and leave the exterior lights on). The light stays on and the dinger continues to ding for as long as 15 minutes and then it shuts off. I made an attempt at taking out the fuse that controls the dinger, but found that it was not an option because my speedometer is controlled by the same fuse. I'm looking to disconnect the dinger, but I can't find it under the dash. If anyone could let me know what it looks like or where I can find it, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows how to fix the problem without disconnecting the dinger, I would appreciate that advice as well.

Thanks.

wgoogs
07-06-2002, 11:26 PM
I am having the same problem on my 95 ranger. Has anyone figured this out yet?

swedish
07-06-2002, 11:33 PM
well, it is nice to disconnect, but i don't know where it is, but it sounds like the switch that controls this (should be at the front of the door jamb) is broken. to find the "dinger" follow the wires from the back of the fuse box where that fuse is (if you can), otherwise just leave it going, grit your teeth and hunt it down.

fordman123
08-17-2002, 02:23 PM
Swedish is right.
It is caused from dirt/debis closing the contacts in the door jamb switch.
This is located at the bottom of the door latch (inside the door)
I would recommend trying to spray some WD-40 into the door latch assembly. Apply it liberally.. Open and close the door several times.
This has helped me some times.
It is only a temporary fix, but if you live on a dirt road then replacing the switch will only be a temporary fix as well.
WD-40 is a little cheaper and alot less agrivating than replacing that switch. It is a hemorroid!!!!!
Hope this helps
fordman123

99silverGT
01-13-2003, 07:37 PM
had the same problem on a 94 ranger and also on my 93. look under the dash about 3" to the left of the ash tray. it is a flat plug, gray in color about an inch wide. unplug it and the dinger no longer works. also it doesnt affect anything else

Azurefine69
01-04-2004, 10:27 PM
I have the same problem with a 96. I've relaced the door jamb switch but it still continuasly dings sometimes. It's an intermitant problem that I don't have the answer for.

broncobri68
01-06-2004, 11:41 PM
your problem with the warning buzzer sounding and the dome lights staying on is you switch in the door is sticking or bad.it isn't to the front like most autos used to be but its where the door latches to the body to keep it closed.quick fix i found with mine is to spray wd-40 or same in that v-shaped spotat the back of your door.make sure you use the little straw the jube comes with to get it inside.OR if it dont help it will have to be replaced.once fixed your chime,dome lights,and door ajar will work just as it should.

retseih
03-21-2004, 07:16 PM
I searched today and found many Fords have this problem (including Mercury Sable.) The solution is to spray WD40 in the door lock and door latch. I have a 1995 Ford Ranger that my daughter drives and it has been driving her nuts. 15 seconds with the WD40 solved the problem. Hope this fixes your problem. I posted this because I drove the truck yesterday and had to listen to the incidious dinger for 25 mins to the rock yard and hope a search will solve others problems.

Dick

drmorf
02-02-2005, 08:52 PM
All is I can say is _ _ _ _ _ _ _ incredible. WD-40 works wonders! I sprayed it in the door latch assembly a few times, worked it in by opening and closing the door...no more DING, DING, DING...
I replaced the fuse for the dome light which I had ripped out because it wouldn't go off, and viola! I have my old truck back! THANKS!!!

eddie199373
12-31-2005, 07:01 AM
All is I can say is _ _ _ _ _ _ _ incredible. WD-40 works wonders! I sprayed it in the door latch assembly a few times, worked it in by opening and closing the door...no more DING, DING, DING...
I replaced the fuse for the dome light which I had ripped out because it wouldn't go off, and viola! I have my old truck back! THANKS!!!
I have the same problem with my 97. The only way it will stop is to pull the fuse which I don't like to do because ther goes my wipers and speedometer, or beat on the steeering wheel. Then sometimes after I walk away it comes back on and runs my battery down. I'm just going to shoot it.

Crasen
12-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Fords are notorious for this. Use the WD-40 as already been suggested. if you want a longer term fix use a silicone lubricant after the WD-40. They are not as prone to trap dirt and make the problem reoccur. Also remeber to clean the passenger side as well

Jim 99Ranger
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
i had the same problem....after 2 days of ding, ding ding.... i spent about 4 hours tracking down the source of the horrible dinging and ripped it out. I wish i knew about the WD-40 solution

tjr1000
01-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Looks like you have the answer, I can just add that on my 95, after I started the WD40/ lubrication routine the problem never came back. Good thing because I was about ready to push this truck over a cliff. Gotta be the most annoying car problem I ever ran into.

Smokdivr28
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I had the same problem on my 96, replaced the switch inside the door several years ago, haven't had a problem since. The part wasn't expensive and the Ford dealership parts guys knew exactly what I needed. Very common issue.

Add your comment to this topic!