Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clicking Sound

A2gonzal
11-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey guys. While I was checking my oil on my 01 Eclipse on Saturday, I was hearing a clicking sound coming from the right side of the engine, near the wires. Now it clicks for a couple of seconds, and then it disappears and then it reappears and son on so forth. Does anyone know the cause of this? Do I have to change something? I'll check later today if it still continues. You only hear it when your checking the engine. Also, I think my trans is gone bad. I just bought my eclipse for 9000, it has 43k. Only mods done is exhaust. I hear a funny noise when the clutch is not pressed. and when its pressed it dissappears, any suggestions?

eclipsed4utoo
11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey guys. While I was checking my oil on my 01 Eclipse on Saturday, I was hearing a clicking sound coming from the right side of the engine, near the wires. Now it clicks for a couple of seconds, and then it disappears and then it reappears and son on so forth. Does anyone know the cause of this? Do I have to change something? I'll check later today if it still continues. You only hear it when your checking the engine. Also, I think my trans is gone bad. I just bought my eclipse for 9000, it has 43k. Only mods done is exhaust. I hear a funny noise when the clutch is not pressed. and when its pressed it dissappears, any suggestions?

for the clicking sound....make sure your fan/AC/Heat is off and check it again. when the fan turns on, it will make a clicking noise. thats normal. if it continues to click when the fans are off, then you might have other problems.

the noise you hear from the clutch is the throw-out bearing rattle. this is commonly referred to as the TOB rattle. it is a normal occurance with pretty much all 5spd 3G eclipses. just turn your music up a little louder so you don't hear it.

808drifter
11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
or it might be just a loud lifter

eclipsed4utoo
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
or it might be just a loud lifter

it could be. mine clicks alot now. its not too loud but i can hear it. i stopped paying attention to it about a year ago.

A2gonzal
11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys: I'll let you know if it worsens, thanks!!!!

AzN-SoLjA CS
02-02-2006, 02:25 AM
hey dude its ur oil make sure its above ur minimal level.
lol i just registered just to say this too haha

i get those clickin noises all the time cause my oil gets all burned up. so it gets low. and when you get empty... open up ur oil cap lol u see steam comining out.

but yea once the oil gets warmed up and spread out then clickin stops unless u hit higher speeds to make it even more thin n stuff. u get the idea

Add your comment to this topic!