Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tinted windows

AccordCE8
05-28-2002, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking about tinting (home it's the right word... darkening??) my windows. I first want to do it with simple foil to check if I like it. Then I can always decide later on if I want to tint it 'for real'.
Any experiences with this? Does anyone know what the front and 'front side' windows may be tinted maximum % ? I have no idea.

Goosse
05-28-2002, 01:03 PM
The maximun tinting % depends on the country were you live. Here in Belgium it's (for the moment): whith the rear window and rear side windows you can do basicly what ever you want (I've seen guys who just painted it the body color). Exception on this rule are mirror foils. You can't put them on in any case.

The side front windows are another thing. If you use foil, it's always illegal, no matter what % tint you get. But when you have them tinted the right way (I don't know exactly what they use, some kind of paint coat?) you can go to 30% (Not completely sure on this number) and you have to get a certificate that it's legal from the store were you have it done.

AccordCE8
05-29-2002, 03:25 PM
That''s the same I heard from a friend today... 'the back' is free (except for mirrortint) ... 'front' only 'real tinted'. Strange why the front may not have a foil... what's the difference between foil and real tinting?? I can't understand

bracer
05-30-2002, 09:31 AM
AccordCE8, there was some discussion about window tint in the CRX Club Holland forum some time ago.
It seems that there are no rules, the person that does the APK has to look for himself if it is not too much. This was posted there:

Artikel 5.2.42-ruiten

1.De voorruit en de zijruiten van personenauto's mogen:

A) geen beschadigingen of verkleuringen vertonen.

B)niet zijn voorzien van onnodige voorwerpen die het uitzicht belemmeren.

TOELICHTING:
In het geval dat folie is aangebracht wordt door degene die de keuring uitvoert beoordeeld in hoeverre deze folie belemmerend voor het uitzicht van de personen.

Typicall Dutch law, not very clear :rolleyes: So nobody knows what too much tint is.

Sorry for the Dutch guys
:bloated:

AccordCE8
05-31-2002, 03:55 AM
I've seen in 'blik op de weg' (a dutch tv programm) that a person with foil on his front and side windows had to remove the foil... he had not to pay a fine, and his foil was really really tinted almost black... so i think it wont give a real problem then...

Add your comment to this topic!