Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 4 cyl not starting

gator2764
11-10-2005, 08:21 AM
The wife parked the camry Sunday night and the damn thing will not start up now. It will turn over but will not even think about starting.I have spark, fuel and air. Checked the timing and it is fine. Let me back up for a sec, we have pressure after the fuel filter and the pump is working. Have checked the efi relay as well. The injectors are clicking when the motor is turned over, working like they should. This thing is starting to test my patience. Ther was no code when we jumped the diagnostic plug.Anyone out there have any thoughts on what might be the problem? Thanks, Gator.

DFBonnett
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Only thing that comes to mind is that, even though you have fuel delivery, is the pressure sufficient? Can you get a gauge on it? Should be about 40 PSI I believe.
FWIW
YMMV

gator2764
11-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Had the gage last night but the wrong fittings. We jumped the pump and it was working but could not get a reading. Thanks.

Brian R.
11-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Spark may be out of time or inadequate. Try replacing the rotor and distributor cap. Go through the ignition troubleshooting procedure I put in the FAQ thread.

When an engine is totally dead, it is usually ignition.

Add your comment to this topic!