Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

error codes 181, 186, 214

radelwurst
11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
i have a 93 1.9l lx and my check engine light has been going on and off whenever i drive. i checked the codes and these are what i got:

181: fuel system at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean.
186: injector pulsewidth higher than expected(w/BARO) or mass air flow lower than expected (w/o BARO). (don't know if i have a BARO sensor)
214: CID circuit failure.

since the light has been going on, whenever i start my car, the engine seems to surge/pulse when cold start, and then be ok once i give a little gas. reverse gear seems to be especially bad (could be cause i always put it in reverse first that i notice it then). i've recently replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, added injector cleaner and had an engine diagnostic done which came back fine. i had trouble getting power at speeds above 55mph, which is why i did the above mentioned things. after i got the car back from the garage is when i started getting the check engine light.

any suggestions about the codes?

Arnoldtheskier
11-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Inspect/clean.. or replace your maf with one from the bone.See if that makes a difference.These were known for bad maf's.A bad maf can and has spit out other codes.So has an 02 sensor.

radelwurst
11-12-2005, 05:42 PM
tested my MAF and it seems to be at least one of the problems. haven't gotten to the O2 sensor yet. thanks for the advice.

Add your comment to this topic!