Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Getting a stang soon...

slidey
05-27-2002, 06:22 PM
Im gonna be getting a mustang soon (94-95), probably during the summer time and wondering what type of mods I should give it that are pretty cheap and that are a pretty good boost in performance. Friends mentioned to me to definately get 2-Chamber flowmasters, and 3.73 gears. Im pretty new to the automotive performance, but its very interesting to me, would it be hard for a n00b like me to do mods like these? If not what are good n00bie mods that offer good performance? Thanks

The DeViL
05-27-2002, 08:24 PM
Sounds like your getting a V6? I'd say mess with the gears when you get a little more power then what you got. When you're ready I don't think 3.73 is high enough if your serious about racing. Get up to like a 4.10 or higher ratio, and it will make that stang a serious gas guzzler while your at it .:bandit: Like I said, don't mess with that til you have a little more muscle in your car. All sorts of stuff out there to do to make a car fast, if you want a good boost of power buy a turbo or supercharger.

slidez
05-28-2002, 12:51 AM
Im actually planning on getting the V8 - screw the V6 lol - anyways same question applies, anything else?

s7v7n
06-10-2002, 03:35 PM
Wow, if you are getting a V6 Stang in the yeras of 94 and 95, you should just leave this forum. By the way, leave the Earth. People all around you will laugh at you for having that older version of a V6! Especially when the V8 is what 1 to 2 grand more? Please get the V8, it has the 5.0 as well :flash:

Mods:

Mess with gears until you like it [Me roughly 4.15]
Tires
Rims
Flowmaster or better
Supercharger or turbo
headers
cams

That's enough for about a year's work or so, let us know when you get it...

Add your comment to this topic!