Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Probe Not Running

KaMaKaZiPyRo
11-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Ok I bought a ford probe for $200, everything on the car looks fine, but under the hood is orange shit on the header cover, and a lil on the tranny. Like sumthing blew. Also, I bought a brand new battery and when i turned the key to the start position, I just heard one click, and then when i hold the key to the start position i hear whinning or sumthin , its doesnt try to turn over, and when i held the key in the start position, it started to smoke from the right side of the hood. Also, i dont know where the switch for the fuel pump is, and the fuel cutout light is on. Last thing, when im turning the key, the battery meter drops, and it seems to have drained to battery a little bit. Any opinions, or suggestions please lemme know, thanx.

a1waytrip
11-06-2005, 02:48 PM
is it a base/se or a gt? i'd check for malf codes, because all you need is a papper clip for that. if you have a gt, here is a good wright up on how to check for codes, if it's teh se/base, im sure there are other wrightups, just do a quick search in google.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mx6-uk...code.htm#code41
hope this helps some.;
-Tom

y make 2 of the same posts?!?!?!?

a1waytrip
11-06-2005, 02:52 PM
oh, and if your asking for help, you might want to include the year, the type of probe (se gt base lx, etc.)

Oh, you could try the fuel reset switch, (in the left side of the hatch, you have to pull up the carpet, it's kinda hard to find, but its there, push it in all the way and try and crank her over.) good luck at finding out what's wrong, to get a better responce, you could try www.probetalk.com there is alot more people there who know stuff about probes.
-Tom

KaMaKaZiPyRo
11-06-2005, 10:40 PM
i just wanted to add more detail to what i was asking, thanx for the help, and also im not sure what model it is, but its a 1993, it doesnt say nething on the back of the car.

a1waytrip
11-07-2005, 08:55 AM
check the engine, dees it have the i4 or the v6? (check plug wires is easiest way 4=i4 6=v6. try that fuel pressure reset swich!
gl!
-Tom

a1waytrip
11-07-2005, 08:57 AM
oh, i4 means you either have the se or base, v6 and you have the gt. 93 means you have the second generation probe. i'd guess you just have a base, cause se's and gt's have decals on the bumper and on the door caps.
-Tom

KaMaKaZiPyRo
11-07-2005, 04:49 PM
well a friend of mine said the engine could be locked, and if it is then damn that sux, i only bought it for 200 for ill prolly sell it for 500, get sumthing out of it.

a1waytrip
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
uhmm, okay, just cause your freind said the engine could be locked, doesn't mean it is, if you have the ability to do an engine swap, that would prob make you more money in the long run! just do the swap then sell it, you'd get more out of it! just an idea, good luck to you whatever you decide to do.
-Tom

Add your comment to this topic!