Power steering/alternator connected?

jerkstore
11-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I just bought a '94 j30t about 2 months ago, love it and have had no problems until yesterday.

So i was driving my car yesterday and three warning lights came on: parking break, brake light out, and battery. This seemed strange to me, i checked the brake fluid, it was a little low but nothing serious. I thought maybe it was just a short in the wiring and kept driving, esp. since the warning lights would dim and get brighter depending on my driving.

I was wrong, i was driving along and the all the sudden the radio went off, power steering died and the gauges went haywire. I got it to my friend's house and started to look at it. The belts are fine. I think the alternator is whats wrong, but that would mean than if the car looses electric power, the power steering goes out. Is the power steering electrically assisted? Please help me out, i am quite confused and w/o a car until i get fix this.

Thanx!

jerkstore
11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
so i talked to a machanic and he said that my problem is my crankshaft pulley. Does anyone know where i could find a service manual or Does anyone have service manual that they could scan a couple pages and send me? I plan on changing the timing belt and water pump as well since i will be working in the area. thank you

Add your comment to this topic!