Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

00 LeSabre ABS/front hub question

vtzdriver
11-05-2005, 09:17 PM
The right front hub on our 00 LeSabre recently went bad and we had it replaced locally (non-dealer). The ABS/'traction off' lights were on as a result but continue to show after the replacement. The mechanic insists that we need to replace the left front also to get the ABS working again. Anyone have a similar problem and is his thinking correct or is there likely another repair needed with the one hub replaced??
Any help is appreciated.

polarzak
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
The right front hub on our 00 LeSabre recently went bad and we had it replaced locally (non-dealer). The ABS/'traction off' lights were on as a result but continue to show after the replacement. The mechanic insists that we need to replace the left front also to get the ABS working again. Anyone have a similar problem and is his thinking correct or is there likely another repair needed with the one hub replaced??
Any help is appreciated.

I just had my left front hub replaced at a non-dealer. No problem with the ABS/traction light remaining on. Personally I cannot see any reason you would need to replace a perfectly good hub to get the ABS lights to go off. Check out another mechanic.

stuzman
11-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Any help is appreciated.

I replaced both hubs myself a few months back on my 2000 LeSabre. The right front was making the noise and I decided to replace the other side at the same time since it was probably on its way. I didn't have any problem with the ABS/traction light being on even with the hub bad.

If you have a capable scanner, you could look at the wheel speed of each sensor. Also, if you have a DVM you could check the AC voltage from the sensor and its frequency if your meter has that feature. A scope would also allow you to see the signal from each wheel sensor.

93buicklesabrelmtd
11-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Any help is appreciated.

They didnt plug back in your wire harness for the hub. Circuit is open.

Add your comment to this topic!