Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gurgling Noise/check engine light

legold1995
11-05-2005, 03:43 PM
:banghead:

After a road trip, I hear a gurgling noise from under the hood. It sounds like the coolant is gurgling. HAs anyone else heard this noise and had it checked out? I would appreciate any feedback.

Also, my check engine light came on and my mechanic said that it was code 1494 regarding gas vapors and could NOT effect my car at all....does that sound right?

I just got the car and don't want to put money into it. Are these problems going to cause damage and what can I dom if anything, to avoid further expensive problems?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

jonnymerc
12-06-2005, 07:44 AM
I have had both problems with my 1996 Breeze. Just after the warranty ran out, the check engine light came on. I brought it back to the dealer, and they told me it was the number one firing computer chip that was causing the problem. They told me that it will sometimes correct itself, or they could reburn the chip???? I elected to let it fix itself. It is still on most of the time but has not caused any ill effects on my car now for 7 years.

The gurgling is a mystery. Mine has done this forever, and I never have figured out why. I did have the radiator flushed last summer(over 100,000, I know not good) just for that reason, and it still does the gurgling thing, but it seems like it has restored some of the lost power I was experiencing. I hope that helps??

merc

:banghead:

After a road trip, I hear a gurgling noise from under the hood. It sounds like the coolant is gurgling. HAs anyone else heard this noise and had it checked out? I would appreciate any feedback.

Also, my check engine light came on and my mechanic said that it was code 1494 regarding gas vapors and could NOT effect my car at all....does that sound right?

I just got the car and don't want to put money into it. Are these problems going to cause damage and what can I dom if anything, to avoid further expensive problems?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Add your comment to this topic!