Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Acura RSX Type S Supercharger Help

xTHESEUSx
11-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I am looking at putting a supercharger on an 2003 Acura RSX type S. What is the best one out there? I will be using this to drive to work and back as well, so I need somthing that doesn't really kill my gas milage at lower RPM's. But I also want somthing that gives good power gain at mid and high RPM's ( Like 4 to 6 Thousand). Any advice would be great THANKS!!!!

superbluecivicsi
11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
best? that depends on your definition of best. do a search.

greenmonkey
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
a turbo is actually more effective at making hp with less gas. and the properties of a turbo, not making much power at low rpm but making a lot at higher rpms, seem to be what youre looking for. also if you ever plan to put more power into your car a turbo is easier at making that power.

Schister66
12-01-2005, 02:09 PM
personally i vote turbo.....not to mention a turbo has more possibility for power.

clawhammer
12-02-2005, 10:54 PM
For daily driving the turbo may actually increase your gas mileage over stock as long as you drive like a sane person. It will be easier to make more power later on, and you can have a street setting for 93 octane, and a track setting for race gas.

Schister66
12-02-2005, 11:49 PM
turbo>supercharger

kris
12-03-2005, 12:17 AM
I am looking at putting a supercharger on an 2003 Acura RSX type S. What is the best one out there? I will be using this to drive to work and back as well, so I need somthing that doesn't really kill my gas milage at lower RPM's. But I also want somthing that gives good power gain at mid and high RPM's ( Like 4 to 6 Thousand). Any advice would be great THANKS!!!!

Look into a comptech SC.

Add your comment to this topic!