Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

just cleaned K&N filter

VTECseoul
05-26-2002, 11:22 PM
very easy to do. just remove 2 holding plugs in front of the splashguard & fold the flap back & reach in to pull it out; loosen the hose clamp, too - talk about BLACK . in actuality, when rinsing it didn't seem to remove alot of dirt. you can see it flow out in the water stream but not like brakedust as i've heard from ppl here. after letting it sit for 3 hrs to dry naturally, i resprayed the oil into the filter - musta been TOO MUCH cuz it was dripping. the instr. say not to do circles but w/ the lines of the folds, oh well. i let it drip for an hour & then flipped it over to drip the other way.

after reinstalling, the humming noise is WAY louder now & my "buttdyno" feels a 25hp gain. i've had the AEM cai/K&N filter for 13 months & now i clean it, i guess 3-6 months is more necessary. is everybody's long pipe kinda short, cuz the filter is leaning against the ceiling of inside panel....need an extra mandrel bend to have filter aimed straight.

click on link to see what i'm talking about...
http://maguth2k.net/AEMcai2.jpg

Drocca91
05-28-2002, 01:13 PM
nice job! i need to do that in my CAI! i feel like its not doing nothing. havent cleaned it in months!!!

Add your comment to this topic!