Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Exhaust Probz...94 Tercel

bgTercel
11-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Of late I've been having problems w/ my 94 tercel. My exhaust became progressively louder. The person that repaired it said they replaced the flexi-pipe. A few weeks later it became louder again. While replacing the spark plugs the other night, I noticed that the exhaust pipe had fallen from the exhaust manifold. I am guessing that the exhaust pipe was bolted to the manifold? I'm also guessing that the nuts have surreptitiously fallen off. Does anyone know what size I should look for at the hardware store? Any suggestions on the best way to repair this problem?

thx

97cavalier
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Of late I've been having problems w/ my 94 tercel. My exhaust became progressively louder. The person that repaired it said they replaced the flexi-pipe. A few weeks later it became louder again. While replacing the spark plugs the other night, I noticed that the exhaust pipe had fallen from the exhaust manifold. I am guessing that the exhaust pipe was bolted to the manifold? I'm also guessing that the nuts have surreptitiously fallen off. Does anyone know what size I should look for at the hardware store? Any suggestions on the best way to repair this problem?

thx
Go to any auto parts store, they will look at it and tell you what to do.

enerjohn
11-19-2005, 12:10 AM
I had the exact same problem with my tercel. Through excessive noise
I found that one of the two nuts had fallen off. the nuts fit a 14mm
socket and pick up a couple of washers and some anti-seize. You'll also
need an EXHAUST FLANGE GASKET thats a circle shaped gasket that
go's between the EXHAUST MANIFOLD and the DOWN PIPE.
Hope that helps.

Add your comment to this topic!