Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oil pressure gauge

gary h
11-05-2005, 06:33 AM
just bought myself a toyota supra 1991 3.0 non turbo the only thing that doesnt work is the oil pressure gauge was told where to find the sender unit but cant see it anywhere could the gauge be faulty :eek7:

projectsupramk3
11-05-2005, 06:47 AM
The gauge could be bad, as well as the wiring, but it is more likely the sender is faulty. You can see the sender in the last picture here on a 7M.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/lu/LU_04.html

Brian R.
11-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Moved to maintenance

plaaya69
01-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I have the same problem on my 87 toyota supra but my oil pressure gauge was working for a while until I removed the battery and reinstalled it and then the gauge must have shorted out because one of the terminals for the battery was not connected tight and the car started and running for a while and then everything went dead because their was not a good connection. I had also installed a low mileaged engine so it was most likely not a sensor and the gauge was working perfectly before. If I was you I would probably still try to test the sensor but most likely I think it is the gauge.

projectsupramk3
01-01-2006, 10:17 PM
That has to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen.
Anyway you say you installed a low milage engine, is it a JDM engine? If it is you need to change out the sensors since some will not work with the US gauge cluster and wiring.

emma h
03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
sorry forgot to reply found out the oil pressure sender wire wasnt even connected was hidden under the air filter box dont know why as oil pressure is good thanks for your help

Add your comment to this topic!