Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My First Model Car Show today!!! Im SOOO Can't wait!!!

gabbadude
11-05-2005, 12:00 AM
:ylsuper::bananasmi:spit::grinno::rofl::iceslolan :boink: :dogpile: :jump3::D:sunglasse
I AMS SOOO EXCITED!!!! This will be the first time that I interact with actual human beings about modelling and not my computer!! I am going to ask thousands of questions and take hundreds of photo's(if they allow it) and will post them in this thread for you guys to check it out!

DAMN it's going to be KEWL!!

D_LaMz
11-05-2005, 12:20 AM
ok..... :)

RallyRaider
11-05-2005, 01:21 AM
Have fun. :) I've never known of any show having objection to taking photos, so long as you don't drop your camera on the models I guess...
Where is the show?

klutz_100
11-05-2005, 02:16 AM
So, am I in fact not an "actual human being" or did we not "interact"? Existential questions on Saturday morning...yuck! :):) j/k

Have a great time and learn all you can.

I'd also love to have the opportunity to visit a model show sometine or spend a few hours in "real time" picking the brains of some of the great builders on this site.

gabbadude
11-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Where is the show?
The show is in Cape Town, South Africa. Apparently they have it every year and it's quite big! Now I have something to enter my models into when I have a collection for next years show. :D

So, am I in fact not an "actual human being" or did we not "interact"? Existential questions on Saturday morning...yuck! :):) j/k
I was only kidding!! ;)

klutz_100
11-05-2005, 03:08 AM
There's an SA producer of resin kits - I think their name is ScaleKraft or smthg similar (check out Spyder360's Lusso).

I guess there is a good chance that they may be exhibiting at the show. Be sure to check them out if they are there. My guess is that they will be happy to talk with you :)

gpz900ra7
11-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Enjoy the show and take plenty of pics. Scalekraft make some brilliant resin shells for the Tamiya 1/24th scale minis, check them out if they are there.

gabbadude
11-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey guys,

Here are the pics from the show that I went too. I apologise for the delay but it wasn't my camera and I had to BEG for the guy to take lots of pics. If it was my camera then a 4GB memory stick would've been too little space. ;)

Oh, there is a great Camaro for P-Man to check out under the 1:1 folder since he is busy building one.

You will see me turning away from the camera cause I didn't know he was taking a picture of me. Anyway... You will see the cap that I am wearing. I had it made specially for me. :D It's my lucky cap! :)

Anyway...

Here we go. I thouroughly enjoyed it. Enjoy...

Scale Models (http://www.bluesteam.net/images/other/wheelsshow/Scale%20Models/)
1:1 Cars (http://www.bluesteam.net/images/other/wheelsshow/1-1%20Cars/)
General Pics (http://www.bluesteam.net/images/other/wheelsshow/General/)

360spider
11-10-2005, 02:27 PM
How did you do?

gabbadude
11-10-2005, 02:51 PM
:D I wasn't part of it, I just went to it. First post tells you that. ;)

mickbench
11-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Some nice models there... The woman sat in the seats don't look too happy..!! But the gargae scenes were awesome..!! And all this Ferrari models..

Thanks for sharing..

gabbadude
11-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I really loved the garage scenes too. I was soo impressed by them. especially the Crashed BMW.

Yeah, she was quite. But She didn't seem unhappy upfront.

I loved the 1:1 Camaro. DAMN that machine was awesome!

RallyRaider
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Man, that Bruce Sapsford has built some models. :) I especially like his doors open Murcielago. But then I would. :lol:

ZoomZoomMX-5
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Man, that Bruce Sapsford has built some models. :) I especially like his doors open Murcielago. But then I would. :lol:

I have two Murcielagos just like it. They're diecast models from Maisto w/a few paint details. I noticed quite a few diecast models in the various pics.

mickbench
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I have two Murcielagos just like it. They're diecast models from Maisto w/a few paint details. I noticed quite a few diecast models in the various pics.

Yeah I thought there was a few die cast in the mix, but there was some plastic models, and the ferrari garage was good, looked to ne a Tamiya kit with the doors open and open front hood or was that a die cast as well..

Anyhow, looked good...

RallyRaider
11-10-2005, 04:59 PM

Shoot my dreams down in flames why don't ya! :lol:

mozli
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Great stuff Brett, thanks for sharing!
another reason for me to miss SA...

gabbadude
11-11-2005, 12:04 AM
:) There were more Die Cast models there than platic kits. I asked why and they said because they were afraid that the plastic kits would get broken. But Bruce Sapsford had the most Plastic kits. If you see he actually won a few shows with some of his models. There is an nnl trophy next to the yellow porsche. There are more trophies on his table. Take another look.

By the way, He has neer heard of AF so I introduced him to the forums. I just hope he takes a look and signs up. His ability must come naturally cause he says that he never learned from online stuff. Damn, I am envious.

klutz_100
11-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing the shots :bigthumb:

I have three questions for ya: ;)

1. I love Morris Minis. Any chance you can get some more pix of that yellow Kwikfix? I might have a bash at that as a project :)
2. Do you work for Deloitte and Touche? If so, why not do a feasability study and start an e.commerce modelling supply store in SA - there's obviously a need :)
3. Your dog. Is that a Rhodesian ridgeback in 1/24? :) j/k

gabbadude
11-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately those are all the pics I could get and the show was only a once off thing annually, ;)

So if you don't mind waiting til next year I would be glad to post the pics for ya!! :D

No, I don't work for Deloitte and Touche. My girlfriend gave me the shirt.

My dog is a daschund(Sausage Dog) miniature. I Love my dog! :D

klutz_100
11-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Next year, I'll come with ya!
Can I have a T-shirt as well? ;)
I love your dog too! Mine's a Labrador that thinks my bed is his (unfortunately, he snores worse than me :) )

Add your comment to this topic!