Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Priming

Ezane
11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
I own an 1990 Acura Integra and i want to get it painted but i dont know if i should prime it so i get charge less or just let the painters do all the work.....and if i should do it myself what are some steps to get it primes....i dont want to be drivnig around with a white car and only have the fender and the bumber black.....i dont want to be driving like a dork and suff.....and if i did do it where would be the best palce to do it...

Schister66
11-04-2005, 09:09 PM
some painters won't let the owner do any of the work......i delt w/ a painter that would only paint cars that he stripped and primed himself. If the owner strips and primes the car and the paint sucks or the car rusts, the painter get in trouble for it.....even if it wasn't his fault. Just check w/ your painter first.

Xesss
11-06-2005, 04:29 AM
i say let the painter do all the work. less of a headace for u and plus u have no experience. prep-ing a car for paint is an art. u better do it rite or u gonna get ass out at the end

integrawhat
11-10-2005, 02:50 AM
i say let the painter do all the work. less of a headace for u and plus u have no experience. prep-ing a car for paint is an art. u better do it rite or u gonna get ass out at the end

:iagree: i do a lot of custom paint and the prep work is absolutly the hardest part thats why better paintjobs cost more the extra cost is in the prep not in the way the paint is layed down. if you have no experience then preping priming and painting your car are all bad ideas :nono: you sayd yourself you dont want to look like a dork so remember when it comes to paint you get what you pay for save up and get it done right

Add your comment to this topic!