Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What Are You Listening To?

CBFryman
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
We have on over on SIN in the OT...so why not start one here.

Gasoline - Audioslave

up next

Between Heavan and Hell - Zach Wylde

sr20de4evr
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Klaus Badelt - Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack

balls_to_the_wall
11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Some ATB, picked it up off of caraudio.com....Good stuff

ToyTundra
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Unwritten Law-Up all night
Unwritten Law-rescue me
Dope-thanks for nothing

CBFryman
11-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Encore-The LPJZ Alblum

yes i still listen to it...im mentally getting ready for tomarrow.
God i hope we make it to state.

GSteg
11-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Coldplay- Don't Panic

sr20de4evr
11-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

vinnym86
11-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Just Finished: Tool - Ticks and Leeches

Now: Adioslave - Show me how to live

Up next: Rage Against the Machine - Sleep now in the Fire

I love audiolave, greatest band to listen to on a long drive with your windows down, hands on your top, and rockin those aviators.:smokin:

CBFryman
11-05-2005, 03:34 PM
^^lmao

so true

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley

sr20de4evr
11-05-2005, 03:56 PM
currently: In Flames - "Bullet Ride"

one of the best songs ever made :)

next: maybe some Killswitch Engage, "When Darkness Falls" and "Rose of Sharyn" both kick ass

vinnym86
11-05-2005, 05:04 PM
NototiousBIG - Juicy

next 2 up:
50cent - jus a lil bit
Jay Z - The Watcher

Just a show of hands, well posts, who else isn't confinded to one genre? i mean, i love rock/metal/punkrock as much hip hop or jambands

but i must say, my all time favorite is Sublime.:smokin:

ToyTundra
11-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Just a show of hands, well posts, who else isn't confinded to one genre? i mean, i love rock/metal/punkrock as much hip hop or jambands

but i must say, my all time favorite is Sublime.:smokin:

I am slowly breaking out. i now listen to jazz and some faith hill.... I've always liked sublime,but i feel sooo white listening to something that seems rap based

CBFryman
11-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Alblum Playing:
Fruitcakes

Six String Music - Jimmy Buffet

After im finished

Mudd On The Tires - (i forget his name)

I Listen to some alternative rock, metal, classic rock (i love zepplin), some rap, some country (good country/real southern country not redneck white trash country), Reggae, and Jimmy Buffet... and w/e else i like.
i also love the beastie boys, old stuff not the new stuff.

Mannyb18b
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Andre Nickatina- My rap world
Mac Dre n Mac Mal- Cutthoat Soup
Guerilla Black- Guerilla City

vinnym86
11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Phish - Farmhouse
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (always gotta play along with that song too.)

i also love the beastie boys, old stuff not the new stuff.

I actually liked their 5 boroughs album, but i know what you mean, their style's changed. those guys are cool. they've been around a long time and still cary that old school rock and underground rap flavor.

sr20de4evr
11-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Just got back from a 10 years, smile empty soul, trapt, breaking benjamin concert...I guess you could say I'm still listening to that because the ringing won't leave me alone.

vinnym86
11-07-2005, 09:47 AM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4331/img0159lq.th.jpg (http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0159lq.jpg)
yeah, couldn't stop listeining to audioslave after haloween, either. i love those kcik ass shows, ones that leave you with a pece of it in ur head for weeks.

AndonD454
11-07-2005, 10:19 AM
right now... T.I. and Jay Z - Bring em out

listen to mostly rap but definately can appreciate other types of music. most concerts ive been to are harder rock (sr20 ive seen all those guys you named exc. 10 yrs. in concert)

lately ive had some kind of random appreciation for country.. the more up beat songs just put you in a great mood where you are ready to crack a budweiser and light up a winston haha.

but i also love to chill to some jack johnson, coldpaly, sublime, etc.

the sublime self titled cd is probably my all time favorite out of any other in my collection

sr20de4evr
11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
listen to mostly rap but definately can appreciate other types of music. most concerts ive been to are harder rock (sr20 ive seen all those guys you named exc. 10 yrs. in concert)

They're pretty new, just came out with their first cd a couple of months ago. I talked to them after the concert for a bit, got my ticket autographed, and my roommate bought the lead singer a beer :smokin:

vinnym86
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Jack Johnson - On & On (whole album)

I talked to them after the concert for a bit, got my ticket autographed, and my roommate bought the lead singer a beer :smokin:
I met Dane Cook at a Ruby Tuesdays' up in Rochester NY after his show last year, bought him a miller. he's a cool guy, kinda down to earth, not psychotic like on stage.

Pavlo
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
DJ Tiesto- Walking on Clouds.
Good trace song.
Next- Sean Paul -We'll be Burning.

tr10av
11-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Just bought the new 50 Cent CD. Get Rich or Die Tryin the soundtrack. Better CD than most. I like it because its got the whole roster on there: Mobb Deep, M.O.P, Spider Loc, and Ma$e

vinnym86
11-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Eric Clapton - MTV Unplugged

CBFryman
11-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Remade by Elton John

I had to listen to it because we where having a discussion in economics about what color we would rather have our money be and i mentioned pink, purples, light green, yellow, excetera, as if looking at the money reminded you of and acid trip...and other than the teacher and myself no one knew the term "acid" and of course they didnt know what the "proper" name is, LSD.
even the kids i KNOW do/have done hard drugs such as "snow" (cocaine) and DHM (the ingrediant in cough syrup that makes you trip) and one i wouldnt be surprised if he has done "tar" (heroin). and 3/4 of the class listens to hard core gangster rap strictly which is constant about pills and weed.

I geuss LSD is just for retired rock stars now-a-days...widely unpopular to the point that we didnt even learn about it in DARE or LMS (life management skills, a class about wy not to do drugs and have sex and drink and all required to graduate) that i can remember.

vinnym86
11-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Remade by Elton John

I had to listen to it because we where having a discussion in economics about what color we would rather have our money be and i mentioned pink, purples, light green, yellow, excetera, as if looking at the money reminded you of and acid trip...and other than the teacher and myself no one knew the term "acid" and of course they didnt know what the "proper" name is, LSD.
even the kids i KNOW do/have done hard drugs such as "snow" (cocaine) and DHM (the ingrediant in cough syrup that makes you trip) and one i wouldnt be surprised if he has done "tar" (heroin). and 3/4 of the class listens to hard core gangster rap strictly which is constant about pills and weed.

I geuss LSD is just for retired rock stars now-a-days...widely unpopular to the point that we didnt even learn about it in DARE or LMS (life management skills, a class about wy not to do drugs and have sex and drink and all required to graduate) that i can remember.

...hehehe, not around here:smokin:
in fact, it's harder for pple under 21 to get alcohol than it is to get blow, X, weed, or acid.

... i think i'll throw on some Floyd, Phish, and Hendrix... yeah...

CBFryman
11-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Bohamian Rhapsody - Queen

CBFryman
11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Bob Marley Playlist:
-No Woman No Cry
-Three Little Birds
-Redemption Song
-Exedous
-Get up Stand up
-I Shot The Sherrif
-Easy Skanking
-One love, One life

sr20de4evr
11-10-2005, 08:07 PM
I hate Bob Marley....

vinnym86
11-10-2005, 09:31 PM
The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez
Tool - Schism

CB, if u like marley, listen to Ben Harper. listen to his "Fight for your Mind" album.

sr, n e reason u hate marley?

sr20de4evr
11-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Not sure, I just hate him, every single thing about his music pisses me off. Pretty similar to what happens when I hear country music, but it's much much worse than with country.

vinnym86
11-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Not sure, I just hate him, every single thing about his music pisses me off. Pretty similar to what happens when I hear country music, but it's much much worse than with country.

haha, i'm like that w/ some music, though i try and keep open mind. like anything britney or christina, or any pop crap, really.

CBFryman
11-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Bob Marley is a GREAT artist and has had as much influence on all music cultures as AC/DC or Led Zepplin had on Rock and Roll. I may even go as far as saying Bob Marley has had as much influence on music as The Beedles.
However his music isnt for everyone and he is grossly over advertised by the rap community and the "ghetto fab's" just because every picture of him was dred locks and holding a joint and he was about fighting for hte power of the people where as the rap community acts like he was the uprising of blacks, which he was not. He was abouthis people being treated fair in the west indies.

Im assuming that you dont like Jimmy Buffet either, SR20?

I grew up listening to Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley because my dad was in the Navy and we sailed to the Bahmas on a number of occasions and my dad loved Jimmy Buffet and every where you went in the bahmas they where playing bob marley and i just liked it, even when i was 5 and didnt understand what it stood for. Ive been there at least 5 times in my lifetime and once while i was in my mom womb, lol.

Anyway,
Just poped in Back in Black the Remastered Alblum.

I have downloaded all of the songs unremasterd all ready. However the Led Zepplin Remasters did them some good...and can i say, this alblum is ungodly good.

On my Home JBL Stereo with my DIY subwoofer which i have spent hours getting imageing right...

Hells Bells sounds ungodly good, Almost erie on the intro.

Now Playing on the Alblum: Give the Dog A Bone

vinnym86
11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Sublime - Stand by your Van [live album]

^What's pples take on live records? I've heard the ignorant remarks such as live albums don't have the same "quality" to them, or the true nature of the music is lost with inability to record efficiently. bs. I think Live records are so much more, in a sense, than its original. Once you know an artist, especially, a live album really makes it feel more... raw, kinda giving it to you real. Played with more feeling, rather than just trying to sell an album and sound good.:smokin:

However his music isnt for everyone and he is grossly over advertised

ur right, he is in a sense, overrated. for all the wrong reasons. The Black American view of Marley is better represented by his son, Damien, i think.

sr20de4evr
11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Im assuming that you dont like Jimmy Buffet either, SR20?
Nope, I hate him too :)

^What's pples take on live records? I've heard the ignorant remarks such as live albums don't have the same "quality" to them, or the true nature of the music is lost with inability to record efficiently. bs. I think Live records are so much more, in a sense, than its original. Once you know an artist, especially, a live album really makes it feel more... raw, kinda giving it to you real. Played with more feeling, rather than just trying to sell an album and sound good.:smokin:
Like a normal record, it depends on how well it was recorded (although this is a much bigger issue with live recordings than with studio recordings). Many of them sound amazing, but many of them sound like crap. The ones that sound amazing sound better than their studio counterparts IMO, but the ones that sound like crap are just terrible.

CBFryman
11-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Over Advertised, not overrated.
However Damien is all about what the Rap community advertises Bob to be.
Bob Marley was about freedom of the people, ending the oppression, and living a simple life where you are free to use what ever substances you wanted to enjoy yourself.
Damien, on the other hand, though i am not a big fan or an avid listener, is about Black uprising. a toned down Malcome X with less political and academic education. He isnt about violence or hatred, but from what i gather he beleives the black community is owed something.

Now listening to:
The Humming of My CPU/Powersupply coolers

looking for something that strikes my fancy

CBFryman
11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Like a normal record, it depends on how well it was recorded (although this is a much bigger issue with live recordings than with studio recordings). Many of them sound amazing, but many of them sound like crap. The ones that sound amazing sound better than their studio counterparts IMO, but the ones that sound like crap are just terrible.

Depends on the music gener and band for me. I dont care if the band cant play or for shit if they can degitally fix it. But please dont try and sell me a live alblum if yo ucant play/sing for shit. On the otherhand if you can play/sing live alblums properly recorded are awsome, the small distortions that give the music more realism make them even better. Music mixers take out alot of distortion in Bass guitars and the persons voice and sometimes add unneeded distortion to the lead guitar.

curtis73
11-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Bob Dylan
Coldplay
Damien Rice
Billie Holiday
Stones

CBFryman
11-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Possie In Effect - Beastie Boys

vinnym86
11-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Tenacious D - self titled album

^^HILARIOUS:lol:

sickcallawayc12
11-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I am a music guy. I will give EVERYTHING a chance in my collection, i don't care if it's R. Kelly, Eminem, Mariah Carey, N-Sync, metallica, Steve Miller Band, Madonna, or whoever. The beat alone makes me happy, nice if they know how to sing too so i can try to sing along. i already have a huge collection as it is plus i'm always buyin' somethin' on Itunes and i listen to XM radio at work. you may think i'm a little :rofl: :screwy: :lol2: but that's how i am.

vinnym86
11-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie cover)
David Bowie and Trent Reznor - I'm Afraid of Americans

I am a music guy. I will give EVERYTHING a chance in my collection, i don't care if it's R. Kelly, Eminem, Mariah Carey, N-Sync, metallica, Steve Miller Band, Madonna, or whoever. The beat alone makes me happy, nice if they know how to sing too so i can try to sing along. i already have a huge collection as it is plus i'm always buyin' somethin' on Itunes and i listen to XM radio at work. you may think i'm a little :rofl: :screwy: :lol2: but that's how i am.

actually, i really respect that. i said earlier, i *try* to keep an open mind, but it doesn't work for me with some artists...

CBFryman
11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
i listen to what i like.
I dont prfile a song because of its gener.

Things i look for
Good Beat
Good Guitar
Good Bass Guitar
Not a fan of drums but thye are important too, if they fuck up the music i dont like it.
Good Voice
but most of all
Good Lyrics.
I listen to the song as a whole, not the music.
If the lyrics suck, it doesnt matter how good of a singer of guitarist thye have, the song will be listned to me less often, and when i do listen to it i tune the singing out.
Also, the music could be kinda tasteless but if it has good lyrics then ill listen to it unless the music is overly tasteless.
The songs i listen to the most have good music (imo) and great lyrics.
Beastie Boys Have great rap lyrics

Jimmy Buffet has good lyrics and good guitar and even good harmonica

led zepplin, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath, Some Beedles...i could go on and on...they have Great lyrics (black sabbath/ ozzy osborne im more in it for the lead guitar as i dont nessicarily agree with their actions, the name of hte band, or their beleifs).

Bob Marley has that great reggae (i like reggae music, it makes you want to move with out making some people want to move too much like ral/r&b can) and his lyrics are timeless. It just relaxes me...yes i am a Marley freak, get over it.

Currently Listening:
Nice & Slow - Usher

germanyt
11-17-2005, 06:17 PM
wouldn't think there would be too many parrot heads (thats a buffet fan for those who dont know) in a car audio forum. im gonna go with alice n chains and stone temple pilots. manson's lest we forget pounds. dont tell anyone but i listen to the brokedown palace soundtrack a lot. i listen to all kinds of music. looking throungh my cds youll see things like outcast, dmx, no doubt, candlebox, nirvana, crystal method (vegas, not the new crap), garth brooks, all kinds of different stuff.

vinnym86
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Biggie - Juicy
- Hypnotize
- Big Poppa

wouldn't think there would be too many parrot heads (thats a buffet fan for those who dont know) in a car audio forum. im gonna go with alice n chains and stone temple pilots. manson's lest we forget pounds. dont tell anyone but i listen to the brokedown palace soundtrack a lot. i listen to all kinds of music. looking throungh my cds youll see things like outcast, dmx, no doubt, candlebox, nirvana, crystal method (vegas, not the new crap), garth brooks, all kinds of different stuff.
no doubt is kinda a chick band,like some songs obviously (i'm just a girl), but still, i guess they're one of my guilty pleasures, they rock.
...besides, Gwen Stefani? :naughty:

germanyt
11-17-2005, 11:48 PM
i gotta figure out how to make those smilies

vinnym86
11-18-2005, 12:20 AM
weezer - say it aint so
blink 182 - rock show

i gotta figure out how to make those smilies

u could use vB code (link on bottom for smiley codes) or go to ur preferences on ur User CP (link on top panel) and make your reply post page have advanced features. this means you'll have a smiley box on the side, and some text functions on top (like bold, ital... etc)

CBFryman
11-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Biggie - Juicy
- Hypnotize
- Big Poppa

no doubt is kinda a chick band,like some songs obviously (i'm just a girl), but still, i guess they're one of my guilty pleasures, they rock.
...besides, Gwen Stefani? :naughty:

gwen stafani makes my pee pee go, badoing doing doing

she would be so much hotter if she didnt try to act black so much :uhoh:

My Humps - Black Eyed Peas :iceslolan

another hot performer :naughty:

vinnym86
11-21-2005, 09:37 AM
[Thicker than Water Soundtrack]
Kalyanji, Anandji - My Guru
G. Love & Special Sauce - Honor and Harmony

^you guys should check out that song, "My Guru". pretty trippy

gwen stafani makes my pee pee go, badoing doing doing

lol:evillol:
she's either acting black or punkrock. split personalities? evil twin meybe?

...whoa... stefani twins...:naughty:

RickwithaTbird
11-21-2005, 10:06 AM
The Twista "the day after" cd,

and all my old school collection mix cds.
The Pretty Ricky cd is pretty sick too. Nice bass lines.

vinnym86
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
The Twista "the day after" cd,

and all my old school collection mix cds.
The Pretty Ricky cd is pretty sick too. Nice bass lines.

i love the bass in Luda's 'Blueberry Yum Yum"

Add your comment to this topic!