Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Acura RSX

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

clockworksmurf
12-28-2001, 01:35 AM
i think the rsx looks like a saturn...or a jelly bean:(

Dahmin8
01-06-2002, 10:17 PM
This is one of the Acura RSX's on display at the LA Auto Show Jan. 5th, 2002. There were some interesting vehicles.:smoker2:

CivicRacerX
01-09-2002, 02:40 PM
That's not just ugly, that's fugly! It looks like an RSX mated with a Mustang and that chunky piece of silver crap came out. I dig the RSX, but not set up like that.

:apuke:

C

gang$tarr
01-09-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CivicRacerX
That's not just ugly, that's fugly! It looks like an RSX mated with a Mustang and that chunky piece of silver crap came out. I dig the RSX, but not set up like that.

:apuke:

C

i don't know how you see that.... but........ okay.... :confused:

Type R
01-09-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm STILL going with the 2001 Honda Integra Type R. Yes I still call it the Honda Integra Type R. The RSX Type S with the tiny wing spoiler looks woussy. I need a slightly bigger wing like the Type R.

TYPE R IS THE WAY TO GO!
TYPE S IS THE WOUSSY WAY TO GO! (Wing looks ugly) (to small):bloated:

moe182
01-09-2002, 09:30 PM
HA! Bring it....
haha...
Actually an ITR Vs. Type-S would be a perfect race.....
and as for the spoiler, i agree thats i didnt get one.
The the NEW ITR is the way to go.....the Type S could beat the old one.

Dahmin8
01-10-2002, 07:32 AM
Spoilers are for looks anyway.

Type S kills the Type R.:flamer: TYPE R :rocket:

gang$tarr
01-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Type R
I'm STILL going with the 2001 Honda Integra Type R. Yes I still call it the Honda Integra Type R. The RSX Type S with the tiny wing spoiler looks woussy. I need a slightly bigger wing like the Type R.

TYPE R IS THE WAY TO GO!
TYPE S IS THE WOUSSY WAY TO GO! (Wing looks ugly) (to small):bloated:

well i wouldn't quite say that the type-s is pussy, it's like the GS-R in the RSX line up
it also has about the same hp as a type-r, plus the 6-spd and i-vtec engine
i hope the RSX Type-R comes out soon

and you live in canada so why are you callin your ITR a honda, it's an Acura Integra :) :)

Type R
01-10-2002, 08:32 PM
I am calling it a Honda becuase I like the sound Honda better than Acura and I like the trade mark better.
"H":bloated:

moe182
01-10-2002, 08:48 PM
The RSX-R is not going to have a chance in hell against the new 350Z... I mean with what you get on the 350Z at such a low cost no one in there right mind would buy a RSX-R......

Type R
01-10-2002, 09:03 PM
What is the 350Z?
Is there such thing as the RSX Type R?
If so, When is it comming out?
Anybody know the approx. price for it?
If so please specify currency.

moe182
01-10-2002, 09:11 PM
THis is the Nissan 350Z....
and as of yet there is no RSX-R, is there going tobe one? I dunno. I just know that if they do they're gonna have lots of trouble wiht this car....

gang$tarr
01-10-2002, 09:24 PM
i don't think the 350z is supposed to compete with the RSX

but yeah the RSX Type-R is commin out for sure, it's already out in japan and australia, NZ... all the countries that get better cars than us north americans :)

moe182
01-10-2002, 09:41 PM
How arent the two cars in competition? They're both sporty coupe hatches, built for drivers in the same price range.....
Basically the new Z is starting less then 2KUSD above the Type-S, and already performs better, so my question is how much more will the Type-R cost? Who if you had to pick between 2 cars of similar price and well....lets quickly compare the two.

FWD v.s. RWD
I4 v.s. V6
220bhp v.s. 280+bhp
6 Speed v.s. 6 Speed
17 in wheels v.s. 17 (with option of 18)

This is off of the Club RSX Board....
"Damn Nissan priced the 350Z today.....base model is $26269 which includes...

Base 6 speed MT 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V-6, CVTCS, Dual outlet exhaust, drive-by-wire throttle, carbon-fiber driveshaft, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, vented front and rear disc brakes with ABS, Electronic Brake force Distribution, Nissan Direct Ignition System (NDIS), automatic temperature control, 160-watt AM/FM/CD with 6 speakers, power windows/door locks and mirrors, remote keyless entry, vehicle security system, leather steering wheel and shifter boot

Enthusiast Model 6MT $28,249
Standard features plus: Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors

Performance Model 6MT $30,429
Standard features plus: Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), tire air pressure monitor, 18-inch aluminum wheels and tires, Xenon headlamps, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, cruise control, Traction Control System (TCS), viscous limited-slip differential, aluminum pedals, day/night auto rearview mirror, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors"

gang$tarr
01-10-2002, 09:50 PM
holy shit.. that is pretty cheap, i didn't know the price they were sellin it at

i thought they were makin it to compete with the new supra commin and the new skyline

the old competitors

Type R
01-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Hmm... I still think the Integra/RSX looks better.
I'm guessing the RSX Type R will cost max $36 000 CDN/$25,000USD.
But of course this is just my guess predicition.
It's not even based on any kind of facts really.
This is the prediction of a young of a boy to get his liscence.
A boy that is only 13.
*So probably not very acurate.*

Type R

Dahmin8
01-11-2002, 08:39 PM
The RSX Type R does sound reasonable in price. The Nissan 350Z will definitely be on a different level of competition. I don't know how well a V6 will do on the performance after market side of the market. I have owned V6's in the past and there were always problems finding good performance parts at a reasonable price. There are a few Nissan influenced manufacturers, such as Stillen and Rod Millen. There is still going to be a lot of R&D that will need to be done for the Nissan. The RSX on the other hand seem ready built for the after market gurus'.

I like both cars but it would seem that the RSX will be ahead of the game when it's time to add performance. I also seem to remember a long wait for performance and aesthectic part when the 300ZX was first introduced. The 350Z may experience the same problem. I still have to admit the 350Z will look good stock for years to come.

Type R
01-12-2002, 08:33 AM
There aren't any pictures out there of the RSX Type R yet right?
If there is somebody please post it.
Anybody know when the RSX Type R is comming out?:bloated:

Dahmin8
01-12-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't have a clue.

That's like worrying when the end of the world is going to come.

I try to live one day at a time and if I have good memories I'll talk about them.

The Type S is here and I believe it's good enough to compete for street honors. If that's not good enough, I'm sure the fans of Acura RSX's future will push for a Type R. So, keep your head up and be on the look out for it.

If it passes you by while your driving around in a RSX Type S it shouldn't be by much.:flash:

Type R
01-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Damnit!
No I will not get the Type S!
With the little sissy/woussy wing!
I need something more manly.
Like the Inter Type R wing.:bloated:

Dahmin8
01-12-2002, 05:04 PM
The stock version doesn't have to come with the wossy wing. You can add what you want later.:o

gang$tarr
01-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Damnit!
No I will not get the Type S!
With the little sissy/woussy wing!
I need something more manly.
Like the Inter Type R wing.:bloated:

since the wing is the key performance upgrade :rolleyes:

Dahmin8
01-12-2002, 06:00 PM
No, from what I been told about wings of any sort, by people who race, wings can actually slow a car down if not properly designed for a car. I'm thinking that the wossy wing spoken of is purely an aesthetic value. What the babes will be looking at. I have not seen many wing manufacturers put out info on aerodynamics of their wings. So in my determination it's only for looks.
Some do enhance the appearance of a car better than others. Performance is a moot term in the affter market when it comes to wings. :smoker2:

Type R
01-12-2002, 06:25 PM
WINGS are extremely important. Expecially in High Speed Races.
The wings on cars are kind of like the wings on planes.
The wings on planes are curved at top and straight on bottom creating lift.
But however on cars the wings are curved on the bottom and straight at the top.
This creates something like the opposite of lift.
Makes the car push against the ground so it has better traction.
If the car is going to fast it actually flies up into the air and lose traction that is why they invented the (upside down airplane) wings for cars.
*Car wings are opposite of plane wings.
*Yes they do slow down the car because it provides more traction.
* The Proche 911 Turbo has a wing that automatically pops up when the car is going at 70 or 80 mp/h so the car will still have traction at high speeds.:bloated:

Dahmin8
01-12-2002, 06:56 PM
I believe everything you said is true. You just can't get around a design flaw. Especially one that's not for your particular car. It could never help you go faster. But if you equate traction to handling and not performance, I believe you can see what I am trying to say. :)

moe182
01-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Dahmin8
The RSX Type R does sound reasonable in price. The Nissan 350Z will definitely be on a different level of competition. I don't know how well a V6 will do on the performance after market side of the market. I have owned V6's in the past and there were always problems finding good performance parts at a reasonable price. There are a few Nissan influenced manufacturers, such as Stillen and Rod Millen. There is still going to be a lot of R&D that will need to be done for the Nissan. The RSX on the other hand seem ready built for the after market gurus'.

I like both cars but it would seem that the RSX will be ahead of the game when it's time to add performance. I also seem to remember a long wait for performance and aesthectic part when the 300ZX was first introduced. The 350Z may experience the same problem. I still have to admit the 350Z will look good stock for years to come.

Nismo agreed to make after market parts for the Z already.....

Chris
01-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Here is a little something I posted several months ago:

Originally posted by Chris
A spoiler can add drag (porsche 911 turbo, the 'whale tail' years).
A spoiler works on the Coanda effect. That is, air (or any gas or liquid) flows along like the surface it was on. Therefor, on a car, it goes DOWN the back, meeting the air from the bottom. This increses drag, but the air moving that way kinda (a little bit) decreases lift. Now, as far as I understand it, a spoiler causes the air to go up momentarily, flowing STRAIGT behind the car, not as much going down. This decreases drag. Now, the air UNDERNEATH the car has to come UP to the rear of the car, increasing the distance it has to travel, and therfor increasing speed and decreasing pressure going up (lift).
Now you see how it works. (they are in capitals just to highlight important stuff, not trying to make you look dumb. I have done that unintenially in the past:D )

That is a spoiler, the small 'lip' thing on the back of a car. It has nothing to do with aviation (actually, it does, but not for this reletively simple stuff)
A wing is a device that is an upside down airfoil. It decreases lift, but increases drag. If it is small enough, the drag will be slight. Sometimes it can actually decrease drag by letting the air out quicker and more efficiently. This all depends on a gazillion factors that are hard to understand.

Most magazines call small wings spoilers, which they are not.

Heres another example. On the 911 Turbo, it has a spoiler at first. Then it rises up into uninterupted air, in effect a wing. A true definition is hard to come by, as most people us the terms when they shouldn't.

Most aftermarket wings are useless. I've seen some that are huge hoops of plastic that just add drag.

Dahmin8
01-13-2002, 07:07 PM
Do spoilers help handling and performance in your opinion?

Chris
01-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Depends. If you look at top speed machines, they will try and avoid wings, they will slow them down.
F1 cars use wings, because even though they slow them down (more power is required to move the car faster), it provides downforce, so the car can go around corners faster, improving the lap time more than the time that would be gained on the straits by no wing.

For the road, wings won't improve performance, and will only be detrimental. Spoilers are on every car, even though it will be very subtle. I even saw one on a Geo Metro 3 cylinder!

If you will be travelling at high speeds or high cornering speeds (autobahn, racetrack), then a wing will be an advantage. Not only will it keep you on the ground, saving your life, it will make you corner faster.

If you point out that dragsters use wings, its to keep them in control, they are purely safety features. Especially since you need to be going so fast for the wing to work, traction isn't an issue.

Well, that was long winded, and I bet I still missed stuff:rolleyes:

gang$tarr
01-13-2002, 09:32 PM
No, from what I been told about wings of any sort, by people who race, wings can actually slow a car down if not properly designed for a car. I'm thinking that the wossy wing spoken of is purely an aesthetic value. What the babes will be looking at. I have not seen many wing manufacturers put out info on aerodynamics of their wings. So in my determination it's only for looks.
Some do enhance the appearance of a car better than others. Performance is a moot term in the affter market when it comes to wings. :smoker2:

notice my rolleyes, i was bein sarcastic man

wings are pretty much worthless for street cars, well not quite, but they're not that important

i agree with basically everythin Chris said

Dahmin8
01-13-2002, 09:43 PM
The rolleyes have it. We could actually all be on the same page now.:silly2:

Type R
01-14-2002, 07:34 AM
WHAT!?!?!?!?:bloated:

Shariq
01-27-2002, 02:26 AM
One of my cousin's has the Type S, and another cousin has a 'teg Type R...I've driven both many times and heres my conclusion:

The 'teg is a very sporty honda built vehicle. Everything is sport-rough in a good way. It screams when ur pushing it, it shifts w/ clicking sounds, it corners bone-to-road. Its a great sport car.

The RSX is everything I just described about the 'teg, but with syrup poured over each characteristic. The inside isnt as bare- its
amenity-laden; the shifter doesnt have that click- its more buttery; the engine doesnt scream as much- it growls deeply; etc.

Get the point? In other words, everything the 'teg was, the RSX is, but w/ a coating of syrup upon it. If that syrup is to your likeing, then its the car for you. If not, wait for the RSX Type R.:sun:

Type R
01-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Nice thanks...
I think the RSX Type R already came out right? (in Japan)
I've seen some pictures of it.
Man the hood looks sweet.
the air intakes look cool.:D

vamarris
01-29-2002, 10:46 PM
I love the I-VTEC but the styling seems like an upgraded cavalier to me personally for the money i would get a wrx sorry honda/acura

F20C
01-29-2002, 11:49 PM
Nice thanks...
I think the RSX Type R already came out right? (in Japan)
I've seen some pictures of it.
Man the hood looks sweet.
the air intakes look cool.:D

In Japan they still kept the Integra name. Therefore it's known as DC5 Integra Type R.

F20C
01-29-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by vamarris
I love the I-VTEC but the styling seems like an upgraded cavalier to me personally for the money i would get a wrx sorry honda/acura

You will be crying if you get WRX now. First STi is coming out. Second Subaru is giving Impreza a face-lift.

Type R
01-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by F20C

In Japan they still kept the Integra name. Therefore it's known as DC5 Integra Type R.

Nice thanks.
I think DC5 sounds so much better.
It sounds so cool.
DC5 Integra Type R.:D :D

Shariq
01-31-2002, 11:11 AM
Whens the STi coming out and when is the facelift due? Im asking cause Im either getting the STi or the RSX Type R

F20C
01-31-2002, 06:54 PM
Facelift is coming out in late 2002 for JDM market. It might be a bit longer until they bring it over to NA. STi is suppose to come out mid-late 2002 but I doubt that is going to happen. They probaly bring out STi with the new face-lift which would save a lot of money for advertisement and certification etc.

Chris
02-04-2002, 07:25 PM
The STi will have those rally-style lights (black with the light poking out).

Type R
02-05-2002, 05:50 AM
What is an STi?:confused:

LjasonL
02-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Chris
The STi will have those rally-style lights (black with the light poking out).
theyre called morettes.

What is an STi?
an STi is the factory upgraded performance version of the wrx, similar to the integra type r being the factory upgrade to the gsr. an sti has 280hp and a 6 speed transmission, along with many other little items such as emblems, shift knob, different headlight cluster, etc...

Dahmin8
02-05-2002, 09:06 PM
All this talk about STi...what is an STi? Does anyone know what the letters stand for? Who makes it? If it's so popular, can someone give a bit more detail, some conceptual photos? I hate to sound like a dumb a$$ but who makes it?:confused:

LjasonL
02-06-2002, 12:27 AM
STi=Subaru Technica International
Subaru WRX STi
like i said earlier, 280 hp, 6 speed, among other differences from the average wrx.

Dahmin8
02-06-2002, 06:43 AM
What's the cost?:)
Any pics?:o
In other words does it look good on a budget?:D

Type R
02-08-2002, 07:59 AM
Man the car that you have for your signature sure is ugly.:bloated:

Dahmin8
02-08-2002, 07:13 PM
If that was directed to me:) ... It not a car.
It Dodges Concept truck called the Sidewinder.

It didn't go into production and I'll assume that you're glad.:(

For a truck with a removable roof and other possiblities it's not that bad. Just my 2 cents.:cool:

Type R
02-08-2002, 11:43 PM
If its Dodge, Chevrolet, Ford, VolksWagen, etc. = SUCKS
and THANK GOD the truck didn't go into production.:D

Dahmin8
02-09-2002, 12:17 PM
I take it that, you don't like trucks?:)

Type R
02-09-2002, 05:44 PM
True... True...:D

Dahmin8
02-09-2002, 07:35 PM
Just because you asked.

I'll look for a better representative photo for my signature.

In the mean time enjoy the exploits of New Englands fearless leader.:bloated:

LjasonL
02-10-2002, 04:42 AM
What's the cost?:)
Any pics?:o
In other words does it look good on a budget?:D

expected price for an sti will be around $30,000 but i dont think an exact number has been set yet. considering an rsx type s costs $28,000, for around the same price u get 80 more hp and awd to help put that power down (u dont know how much of an advantage awd is till youve owned one trust me, i never want another 2wd car!) and both cars are 6 speed so no advantage either way there. considering the regular 227hp wrx will outrun an rsx type s, the 280 hp version should kill it. plus the turbo engine offers better tunability than the naturally aspirated and highly strung rsx. so performance per dollar, the sti looks VERY promising, just like the regular wrx and the 2.5 liter impreza!

Type R
02-10-2002, 09:57 AM
I can't wait for the RSX Type R to come out or the Civic Type R.
I'll be the first one at the dealership when they first come in to get either one. (mostly likely the RSX Type R):D

kale82
02-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ldelaysionl

expected price for an sti will be around $30,000 but i dont think an exact number has been set yet. considering an rsx type s costs $28,000, for around the same price u get 80 more hp and awd to help put that power down (u dont know how much of an advantage awd is till youve owned one trust me, i never want another 2wd car!) and both cars are 6 speed so no advantage either way there. considering the regular 227hp wrx will outrun an rsx type s, the 280 hp version should kill it. plus the turbo engine offers better tunability than the naturally aspirated and highly strung rsx. so performance per dollar, the sti looks VERY promising, just like the regular wrx and the 2.5 liter impreza!

Who told you an RSX Type-S costs $28,000????? The only thing I could possibly think why you'd say something like that is if you were talk'n Canadian Dollars.. but USD they MSRP at $23,650, which is a far cry from $30,000.. but I'm sure the STi is still quite a nice car, however not in the same price range, IMHO.

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

Dahmin8
02-10-2002, 11:33 AM
Dollar for dollar you shouldn't even try to compare the two cars.

It's just a sad testament of the times, when in order to get 280 hp you have to come up with 30K.

Back in the days of Chevy< Ford and oh yeah Pontiac you could have 350 hp for less that 10K.:bandit:

kale82
02-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Well I mean, you can get higher hp cars for the same price, but it just depends on what kinda muscle you want.. I mean shit.. you can get an Acura RSX Type-S with 200hp and 142lbs torque and pay $23,650, or you can buy a Camaro Z28 with 310hp and 340lbs torque and pay just a bit over $22,000... I don't see why people make a big deal about OH WHY BUY THAT CAR WHEN YOU CAN PAY LITTLE MORE OR A LITTLE LESS AND GET A CAR THAT STARTS OFF WITH MORE HP. Well, it's not just about the hp, it's about the culture, it's about BUILDING the machine with your own bare hands (or your favorite speed shop) and seeing the results that YOU'VE ultimatly created... I don't want an Acura CL or a Camaro for that matter, for 1 reason.. I just don't like them.. I don't like the way they look and I don't like the "genre" that they are often associated with and they just don't feel right.. Gimmie a Civic, or an Integra, or a Prelude anyday; and no, I prolly wouldn't take an accord, even tho it's way faster, it's just not my style.. I'd rather ultimately pay more to build up a civic to 260hp, than just go out and buy a CL that already has it, even if I could afford it... It's all personal preference and individualism, and brand loyalty for that matter..

anyways, that's my 2 cents.. ack, looking back at how long that is, that's more like my $1.99

but anyways, peace I'm out,
-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

Dahmin8
02-10-2002, 03:47 PM
The future in car pricing, what a dilema? If you could afford any car that you wanted, you could also direct the path of the genre and personalities that go along with it.

You did make me laugh though. Not out loud, but it does make my day.

Stick with your guns. After all, you're the only one who knows if they'll shoot or not. I just strolled down memory lane for a minute. I don't blame you in your choice. It is after all, a choice.

Hondas should be around for along time, but I just received an e-mail from Summit Racing that says, there is a bill circulating that wants to get rid of late model vehicles. 15 years and older cars will be heading to the scap heap if it goes through. Well Summit is hoping that everyone will write there local Congressman to voice an opinion against such a threat.

This means that not only older Camaros and Cadillacs but also Hondas will be saying goodbye to this world. The only place to locate them, will be in a museum.

In Japan this type of legislation already exists. Next thing you know this forum will be about the RSX Type E for electric car.

I am kind of pissed because to me know matter what kind of car you like if you want it and can afford it, you should be able to own it and modify it and yes fall in love with it.

If you every get an RSX good luck 15 years from now.

Being able to say that it was the best car and the best genre for it's time will be all you'll be able to say if the legislation Summit is talking about goes into affect.

Here the link.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/san

Do what you have to, protect yourself.

kale82
02-10-2002, 04:09 PM
AMEN BRUTHA!! hhaha, that's bs they're try'n to get rid of the older cars.. I like the old domestic beasts too! Gives me somethin to shoot for to be able to beat! (ya rite) But ya, they do that in Japan for quite some time now.. whatever works for them, but I hope we don't get stuck with it!

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

Dahmin8
02-10-2002, 04:54 PM
By 2010 one of your kids won't be able to have dads old beater Civic around. The Forum ought to put the word out too, if they think we're worthy.

Add your comment to this topic!