Page updated on 11-18-2017

2002 Acura RSX

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

gang$tarr
10-12-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Chris

And the OZ edition looks kinda neat, to bad it has no new suspension tuning.

i think it has really good stock suspension... but i'm not sure, never driven one

Chris
10-12-2001, 06:24 PM
In the reviews I've seen, they call in "mushy" and "uninspiring". They also say it results in comfort, but its not made for corner-carving. The Evo will fix that...:D

gang$tarr
10-12-2001, 06:38 PM
The Evo will fix that...:D

it better!! :D

NewbieUSchic
10-15-2001, 04:09 AM
but you're right about the cornering...its alright but it could be better! ok i know i'm an ass but my friend keeps telling me the EVO is supposed to debut 2003...please say he's wrong...(not that i don't want it to come i just don't like that guy) :rolleyes:

rickl730
10-15-2001, 03:19 PM
I also agree it could be better but I think most of the problem is the tires not the suspension. Does anyone know exactly how lowering the RSX Type S will affect tire wear and alignment? I want to lower it but don't want to put up with wearing out $180 tires every year.

Also, does anyone know exactly what the 0-60 performance really is? Every mag I have read gives a different time. It seams like the only one that really performed a valid test was Car and Driver but there score was very dissapointing to me (0-60 6.7 sec).

RL

F20C
10-16-2001, 01:36 AM
Mitsubishi wants a piece of the pie as well. Since Subaru is putting out 265hp WRX STi in 2003 as 2004 model.

NewbieUSchic
10-16-2001, 06:09 AM
don't skimp on a good camber kit :D

luvnthac
10-25-2001, 11:47 PM
well, i got my rsx like a month ago and i sooo love it!! its cool cause most guys drive up to me in their lil sports cars thinkin im a guy and they rev their engines--but when i beat em..poor guys they are sooo embarrassed!! haha... i beat a firebird the other day:) that was quite excitin i might add. ive only seen two other rsx in my area and none were my color--red. oh well, for real though, these cars are sooo nice.

F20C
10-28-2001, 02:11 AM
Firebird?

Those run 13's stock.

Chris
10-28-2001, 06:08 PM
Unless it was a V6 Firebird. Then it would be slower (more weight), and if it had the slushbox, no chance. But a V8 would cream an RSX.

CivicRacerX
11-04-2001, 08:11 PM
Ok, before anyone responds just to tell me how wrong I am, I don't actually think that the RSX sucks, I just miss the Integra! I'm 20, I recently got my second Honda, a 99 Civic EX for the next two years, and then I was so looking forward to climbing into a new `teg once college was over. I feel like I've been served an injustice in the form of the RSX, if only because I feel as if can no longer afford Acura's equivalent of the car that I was dreaming about. I respect the styling changes, the RSX looks clean, sharp, and to re-iterate the article, refined. The problem is, now I feel like this is a car that belongs in the hands of my Mother, not me. Don't get me wrong, I know the RSX has the juice to go if you want it to, especially with an S badge, but I think the conversion was miscalculated. I know I have a lot of friends who were big fans of the Integra, and the RSX just doesn't feel right taking its place. I enjoy the way it handles and admittedly when I test-drove one, it did give a less jolting ride than the `teg, but it just doesn't come off the same way as it's little brother. I feel like my option now is to grab a Civic SI, but it looks like Honda is screwing up the look of that model too...Where's the in-between? A goofy-looking hatchback SI, or a more posh, stylish, grown-up Integra? I want the harsher feel, the engine noise, and the sleek but hungry look that came with Acura's teenage entry-level ride. Maybe I'll get what everyone else is saying about the improvement eventually, but for now I think I'll just spend a little time pining and trying to decide between a grown-up, entry-level luxury coupe, and Honda's SI-styling kick in the nuts.

Chris
11-04-2001, 08:26 PM
HondaRacerX: I know how you feel!!! Some people have no idea how important it is to have feedback, through the wheel, pedals, shifter, audio, visual, everything. I want to know whats going on with my car, not merely accept it. I want the car to be an extension of myself, complete with nerve-endings. Looks like the last few options we have are dissapearing, and we have only the use cars to look to.:(

gang$tarr
11-04-2001, 11:43 PM
just buy a used integra man! Get a used 99 Type-R... that would be nice :D

F20C
11-04-2001, 11:57 PM
Noisy cars don't sell in Luxury line.

gang$tarr
11-05-2001, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by F20C
Noisy cars don't sell in Luxury line.

are you saying integras didn't sell :eek: :eek: :eek:

F20C
11-05-2001, 12:45 AM
People that buy luxury brand cars don't want a noisy machine. They want smooth quiet cars. That's why Integra never fit into Acura brand. Although it sold well for couple years when it first came out.

F20C
11-05-2001, 12:47 AM
During it's peak production years Acura sold 70,000 units per year. Lately it has been stuck at no more than 30,000 units per year. Reason being before there wasn't much competition from other japanese luxury brand. With Lexus's emergence etc it has made life tough for Integra.

CivicRacerX
11-05-2001, 09:56 AM
I understand that the Acura badge is designated primarily as a luxury line, and that makes sense when you look at cars like the CL, TL, RL, etc, but what about the NSX? That's far from being called a "luxury car" and it's most certainly a sports car. Now, the Integra would by no means be classed as a sports car, but it felt right being in Acura's line anyway. You got the warm, fuzzy feeling from owning what you know is a Honda product, but with the higher profile Acura badge. The Integra still felt like a step up from Honda's entry-level civic, even the Accord, but where has its spirit gone? That is my complaint. I feel like the Integra's spirit has just been whisked under the marketing doormat, never to be seen again. I know that the "Sports Coupe" market has been declining for some time (Integra, Celica, MX-6, Eclipse), because sometimes it's hard to pin a niche on the cars. They're too expensive to really be entry-level cars, but not pimped out enough to be considered a sports car or a luxury car (I'm ignoring the special models, like a Type R, GTS, or GST which account for even fewer of those car sales). That was the kind of car I wanted, and I feel like I can't get it now. I realize that what Acura did may have been considered "good business sense," but I feel like to many, the Integra was really a trademark for Acura, and totally removing it from their line was a mistake.

F20C
11-05-2001, 02:27 PM
Acura's motto is Sport, Luxury and Performance.

Integra had 2 out of the 3. Now RSX have 3 out of 3.

By the way NSX have a whole lot of sound deafening materials used in the car. So it certainly wasn't as noisy as Integra.

gang$tarr
11-05-2001, 04:43 PM
The NSX is a sports car that drives like a luxury car IMO not bad, just too smooth and easy to drive for a sports car, no effort needed

Some integras had leather and heated seats, that's a bit of luxury...

F20C
11-05-2001, 09:54 PM
Yes Integra had leather seats etc. However it was not the best quality item you would expect from a luxury brand line.

Chris
11-06-2001, 02:41 PM
I would like luxurys in my car, as long as they dont interfere with feedback. I would like a leather throne, not a thatch stool. But I want to know what the car is doing! That is the whole point, IMO.

gang$tarr
11-06-2001, 05:23 PM
I love luxuries, the more the better :D
I wouldn't like all the driving assists though... so I'd like every luxury possible inside the car.... luxury seats, nav system, wood, etc.
Why do they make the insides of so many super cars so ugly? I wouldn't mind if the accelearation was .1s slower if i can have more luxuries :D

Chris
11-07-2001, 02:53 PM
Sneak a peak at the Bugatti EB110 sometime, it is super-nice, even by todays standards.

gang$tarr
11-07-2001, 06:53 PM
Sneak a peak at the Bugatti EB110 sometime, it is super-nice, even by todays standards.

yeah i know todays supercars are starting to look better inside, like the new ferraris look pretty good inside.....

Chris
11-08-2001, 11:58 AM
Teh 110 is about 10 years old! Also, the XJ220 is a good example. And the new Bugatti 16/4 Veyron is mega-nice:eek:

gang$tarr
11-08-2001, 07:07 PM
i don't really like the look of the inside of the veyron.... all that orange?!

Chris
11-09-2001, 10:43 PM
The most expensive suede, leather and aluminum money can buy, and Gang$tarr doesnt like it:rolleyes:

F20C
11-09-2001, 10:52 PM
I'll just take the interior of Porsche 911 GT3.

gang$tarr
11-10-2001, 05:50 PM
The most expensive suede, leather and aluminum money can buy, and Gang$tarr doesnt like it:rolleyes:

just my opinion, i don't like the orange.... looks like a shaggin wagon inside :D :D
well not really :)

Chris
11-10-2001, 10:19 PM
ust my opinion, i don't like the orange.... looks like a shaggin wagon inside

Of course, it doesnt have a water bed:D

gang$tarr
11-11-2001, 09:00 PM

Of course, it doesnt have a water bed:D

what a shame, lol.... it could be useful :devil:

Volk-Rays
11-22-2001, 01:09 AM
the integra type r in japan in much much better:flash:

gang$tarr
11-22-2001, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Volk-Rays
the integra type r in japan in much much better:flash:

damn you, and all your cars we don't get :D :D lol j/k

neXus
11-29-2001, 01:29 AM
They should (probably will) make some Altezza lights for the RSX. Can't wait 'til people start pimping it out.

speed demon
12-01-2001, 01:13 AM
Is this forum dead or what? 2 posts in a week?

BTW I just got a blue RSX no S :( , but it really moves. I don't have my driver's license yet, just permits. My family also owns 2 MGB's, which are similar in size and weight to RSX, but for those who know MGB's you know that they are no comparison. The B's have a 0-60 of probably 20 secs. :silly2: RSX is like under 8?? anyone know for sure. Anyway, I can't believe a loaded luxury/sports car can be bought for under $22,000.

I have to agree about the feel of the car. You can barely hear the engine to shift, the wheels feel like they float in air when you turn, and the brakes are so smooth. Drop the power steering, ABS, lose the top and about 50 hp... Now you have a 73 classic mgb.

Hope we can get this thread started again!!! ;

SpEEd dEmOn

Chris
12-02-2001, 09:12 PM
You wont notice much difference in speed unless you rev really hard. The type S only has 1 more lb-ft, so the power is WAAAAAY up in the rev range.

moe182
12-06-2001, 05:43 PM
It peaks at 7200 RPM to be exact.....but the sound up there is UNREAL.
Im doing my baby up in the spring....wheels, coilovers, cold air, exhaust......

LjasonL
12-14-2001, 03:40 AM
rsx is definately mechanically better but i say the integra wins for one reason, the rsx is possibly the ugliest car in put into production, ever, in the history of time, multiplied by infinity. but thats just my opinion...:D

F20C
12-18-2001, 05:41 AM
You wont notice much difference in speed unless you rev really hard. The type S only has 1 more lb-ft, so the power is WAAAAAY up in the rev range.

Type S and base model engine have way different setup.

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
rsx is definately mechanically better but i say the integra wins for one reason, the rsx is possibly the ugliest car in put into production, ever, in the history of time, multiplied by infinity. but thats just my opinion...:D

Im gonna have to disagree with ya.....there ARE uglier, ahem....the WRX.
And come spring, with all the new kits.....oh man, its gonna be so NIce.
This is the HKS kit, the one i want to pick up

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:01 PM
INGS body kit

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:01 PM
mugen type r

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:04 PM
JDM type R

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:05 PM
C-West's kit

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:06 PM
forget who this is...

moe182
12-18-2001, 06:06 PM
I think this is the wings west kit.....

gang$tarr
12-18-2001, 06:16 PM
wow, they're all pretty damn nice :D

i'd take any one of'em

Banzai
12-18-2001, 09:49 PM
It is a real shame the second last Prelude was never badged an Acura. It had the looks and although it wasn't fast, it had the right amount of body-roll and sweet chasis that you would normally find in luxury cars. To me, the Prelude had everything to be an Acura; Performance, Looks and Luxury.

But I do like the new Integra, even though looks too butch to be seen as an Acura. I mean, with approximately 164kW power, this thing should swipe 0-60mph in just 6.4 seconds.

So what's up with the Type-R? Have the Americans got it yet or what? 17-inch alloys, recaros, sports interior, aluminium trim, up to 9000rpm screamer...drool.....................

moe182
12-18-2001, 10:47 PM
No we dont have it yet......Aus has it now right? but doesnt it only have 200hp? We will be getting the Type R soon....prob within a couple of years. 220hp, brembro brakes etc.....for now im gonna settle for my 7900 rpm, 200hp baby.....and once spring comes shes gonna look ALOT different. heres what im gonna make her look like.

spnx
12-20-2001, 11:08 AM
I know the performance is great, but am I alone in thinking that the styling makes it look like a 3/4 size Dodge Intrepid?

b16a2si
12-21-2001, 02:14 PM
What the hell is wrong with the paint job on that car??? It doesn't look right...:huh:

moe182
12-22-2001, 02:56 AM
It has been photoshoped.....the car was originally blue, and was at a stock ride height....

Banzai
12-23-2001, 08:27 PM
Yes. Australia does have the new Integra Type-R. Except it's slower, more expensive (thank's to the Aus government's tough import taxes) and relatively slower than the Japan model. Something like 140kw+. And the Aussie motoring enthusiasts (the magazines) are complaining and screaming at Honda for replacing a performance icon with "junk".

I get it!!! So the pic is really a disguised Integra, isn't it?

moe182
12-23-2001, 08:36 PM
Yea, Honda integra to you, Acura RSX to me.....and yea it is. ITs just been slightly modified so i can see what my car will look like with that done to it. But the only picture i could find of the RSX with the rims i wanted was on a blue RSX, and mine is black. Its not the best job, but ya get the picture.

JohnnyCanuck
12-25-2001, 05:30 PM
i like it, a lot better than the integra anyway. Honda's already got a ton of performance models in the works for the RSX too, so maybe in a few years i'll get myself one.

diegoaccord
12-25-2001, 06:46 PM
94-01 teg looks better! why call it an Acura RSX anyway, if I got a Ac,Lex,Inf. id get the true badging i.e.: Acura TL=Honda Accord Inspire

moe182
12-25-2001, 11:19 PM
Sure, ya say that now.......but ya know how much $$ that is? you have no idea how many times, and where the name of a car and company is printed.......

Banzai
12-27-2001, 02:18 AM
I wouldn't bother changing any names at all. Why bother? An Acura is an Acura and a Honda is a Honda. What is wrong with an Acura badge? And I do agree that it's a waste of money just changing a badge. It's what's underneath that counts the most.

gang$tarr
12-27-2001, 06:00 PM
well they called it an Acura RSX because the integra was taking away from the Acura badge... that's what they claimed

they said that when people saw the car, they thought "hey, that's an integra" but they want people to think "hey, there goes an acura"
so they changed the name

Add your comment to this topic!