Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please Help Me!! Very Confused!!!

desirae
11-03-2005, 03:55 PM
see i have a prob. i have a 2001 old's alero i have had it for 3yrs. now i has been ok untill about 7+ months ago now it seemsd like it is getting really bad, yes from the beginng i got it it has had terrible gas mileage, when you turn the defrsot on the radio get static untill rear defrost is turned off ,in april i had new wheels put on, and inthe beggin of may i have had breaks done, now after the breaks now i get the humming sound when i exceed 50, and now my traction off light is on, and beleave i have tried it wont turn off, and my abs light, and my service vehicle soon light . I brought it too a guy in my local twon he said he could fix it , paid money just so he could tell me to bring it to the guy who did my breaks, so i bring it to him he tells me it's a hub thing behind the wheel it will cost $170 to fix but i bring it to the dealer and they tell me it's a computer thing it will cost $500 + so i guess i'm asking if anyone knows anything ealse ,maybe on what is wrong i would be very happy thank you!!!!

GTP Dad
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Generally the problem you are having is related to a wheel bearing and hub that costs around $170. Once replaced your problems should go away. The ABS sensor and wheelbearing are a sealed single unit and must be replaced. The one you have is bad. Go back to the brake guy as he is telling you the truth. Stay away from the dealer as they will just take your money at a higher rate and do the exact same thing as the brake guy.

vamc
11-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Well..replace the moduel that is part of your radio and rear defrost. the location is on the pass. rear piller. Just to add onto GTP Dad.

Add your comment to this topic!