Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

high beam indicator light

charlesgreatmax
11-03-2005, 05:57 AM
light is on ,dim, all the time even when shut off
help

LongIslander26
11-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Could be a short in the high beam switch itself (Multifunction switch), or a short to ground in the dash.

kenny-1907
11-12-2005, 02:27 AM
You say "high beam indicator light" , you mean the one on the dash right? Try actually turning the headlight switch to the on position and see if that indicator goes out. I know on my truck the indicator light is always on as well but it goes out if i actually turn the lights on. I think it is one of those things that is there as a visible reminder to turn your lights on no matter day or night for safety. Just a thought.

Bob B
11-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Is it on when the key is of also?
On my truck the light comes on when I turn the key on to indicate the driving lights are lit.

charlesgreatmax
11-13-2005, 09:42 AM
On my truck the light comes on when I turn the key on to indicate the driving lights are lit.

its on key on or off, lights on or off

LongIslander26
11-13-2005, 11:14 AM

I thought that was reminder to turn your lights on, and that it went out when the daytime lights were on? :dunno:

I don't think it should still be lit even after the truck has been shut off though, that to me indicates a problem.

Add your comment to this topic!