Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ram air and a vacuum line

BCUZICN
11-02-2005, 07:24 AM
i just put ram air on my 92 gt and there is a vacuum line that was attached to the factory intake, what should i do with it?

a1waytrip
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
your going to want to connect it to the ram intake... there should be a nipple where you can connect it to. what vaccum hose, there should be 2 one big one small
-Tom

BCUZICN
11-04-2005, 10:29 PM
it didnt come with any nipples of any sort i went and bought a connector nipple at macs and drilled a hole into the rubber seal on the intake and plugged the line in there, hope its ok.

a1waytrip
11-05-2005, 05:54 PM
just make sure there isn't anysort of air leak, and you should probily be ok. fyi, ram intakes are only good for winter, and cold temperatures, during the summer, you will get a performance loss, due to the engine sucking in VERY hot air, as apposed to a nice cold air intake.
-Tom

BCUZICN
11-05-2005, 08:27 PM
do they have a cold air intake for the 92 gt, ive been looking, if you know of one please tell.

a1waytrip
11-06-2005, 01:04 AM
? i don't know, im not familiar w/ 1 gen's... should be one, but i don't know, i figured you had a 2nd gen, my bad... but if you have a 92 gt... you have the turbo... so y are you screwing w/ the intake??? i don't know, like i said, never worked on a 1st gen so.
-Tom

BCUZICN
11-09-2005, 09:48 AM
wouldnt it be better to have a high flow intake with the turbo i assumed it would be better since after i put on the aftermarket intake it blew out one of the gaskets on the turbo between the manfld and trbo(i made the gasket though). just wondering, if you think the factory one would work better tell me.

a1waytrip
11-10-2005, 11:58 AM
? as long as there is no leak from your homemade gasket, should be fine, just have a freind rev the engine, and feel/hear for any air leak near that homemade gasket... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
-Tom

BCUZICN
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
the home made gasket was on the turbo(between turbo and exhaust manifold), it blew apart shortly after i installed the ram intake.

Add your comment to this topic!