Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speaker Removal

jeiland
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I just recently got a 2002 chrysler sebring lxi and now it is time to ditch the factory...i am attempting to install a competition system in my ride cause 700 dollars at ovation was just not acceptable. Anyways, the only thing I really need help with is removing the factory tweeters that are on top of the dash near the windshield...anyone have an idea?

HittenSwitches
11-22-2005, 08:49 AM
hey man, i own a 2001 myself, still off the same platform as the 2002...unfortunetly u need to take off the entire front dash in order to take off the top panel, it isn't hard...just slip some cardboard betweent he seem n use a flathead screwdriver to pri it up to pull the clips outa the dash, n ur set...the front n back speakers are easy cuz u just take the case off, but the tweeters aren't meant to be changed or altlered in any way...i did it...works find, just takes a lil extra work...good luck man!

bfykes
11-30-2005, 01:55 AM
i have the 4dr coupe, and have recently been doing some dash work (heater) andthe Haynes manual states something profound when working in the dash area- disconnect the airbags! i didnt think about this but almost triggered those f'ers... glad i didnt, but its quite 'spensive if you have to replace them... it'll make your $700 radio install look cheap.

HittenSwitches
11-30-2005, 07:49 AM
i have the 4dr coupe, and have recently been doing some dash work (heater) andthe Haynes manual states something profound when working in the dash area- disconnect the airbags! i didnt think about this but almost triggered those f'ers... glad i didnt, but its quite 'spensive if you have to replace them... it'll make your $700 radio install look cheap.

yea true say man. have to watch out for those, especially the passenger airbag. i had a buddy that owns the same one as mine, only silver, and he just tapped a truck in front of him...scrape on his license plate, but had enuf of a bump that it set the passenger side airbag...the airbag blew right through the windshield, so on top of the 5000 to replace the airbag, he has to replace the windshield too, all for a bumper tap

Add your comment to this topic!