Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Always have to login now???

kenny-1907
11-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I think it completely sucks ass that you are now required to login and can not just browse the forums. Why has this been done, anyone know ?

2.2 Straight six
11-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I think it completely sucks ass that you are now required to login and can not just browse the forums. Why has this been done, anyone know ?

eh..?

Damien
11-01-2005, 12:30 AM
wrong place...will be moved. And what the heck are you talking about? Besides...what's the big deal to be logged in?

SiGNAL748
11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Actually I was having somewhat of a problem with logging in earlier when I was at school.

Before I could even login, AF would automatically redirect me to a page forcing me to register. I was only able to log in by pressing back a couple times and quickly tapping the stop button repeatedly.

Kinda annoying.

Heep
11-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I was just presented with the same problem. I can't believe this. I've just requested it be immediately removed.

kenny-1907
11-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Actually I was having somewhat of a problem with logging in earlier when I was at school.

Before I could even login, AF would automatically redirect me to a page forcing me to register. I was only able to log in by pressing back a couple times and quickly tapping the stop button repeatedly.

Kinda annoying.

Exact same problem.

kenny-1907
11-01-2005, 01:26 AM
wrong place...will be moved. And what the heck are you talking about? Besides...what's the big deal to be logged in?

How is this the wrong place being the COMPLETELY off topic forum ?
I'm not trying to start anything , i was only wondering and thought it was ok to post it here is all.

Oz
11-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Moved :)

rr_ww
11-01-2005, 10:44 AM
What gets me is that it tries to auto register you. I clearly have a user, but unless I click on "User CP" it keeps jumping to the registration page.

In my experience, sites that make you register to view them dont do as well. Most people wont bother. I can understand registering for other areas of the AF site or extra features like PMs but just to view is silly.

Cheers.

kenny-1907
11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Well i pop into the forum quite frequently and sometimes all i want to do is have a look to see if any threads i have started or any i have posted in have had any replys or additional coments added to them. I just think it is a pain that it requires you to register and no option is given if you are already a member. I could care less if the popup was still there if you could choose "existing member" then it would redirect you to a login page. Does not matter much now anyway , i reconfigured my firewall to keep the cookie for this site now so it does not log me out, but i still disagree with the idea. Some people just want to lurk, browse and learn and by making them register just to view i think is not right. but that is just my opinion is all. :biggrin:

95.5 Rodeo
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Well i pop into the forum quite frequently and sometimes all i want to do is have a look to see if any threads i have started or any i have posted in have had any replys or additional coments added to them. I just think it is a pain that it requires you to register and no option is given if you are already a member. I could care less if the popup was still there if you could choose "existing member" then it would redirect you to a login page. Does not matter much now anyway , i reconfigured my firewall to keep the cookie for this site now so it does not log me out, but i still disagree with the idea. Some people just want to lurk, browse and learn and by making them register just to view i think is not right. but that is just my opinion is all. :biggrin:

I agree with you. Maybe the registration "feature" was accidentally toggled, I hope so.

I don't like the idea of having to login every time I want to check the forums, which I do frequently.

AF should eliminate the registration requirement to read the forums.

Thanks,
Dale

'97ventureowner
11-01-2005, 12:51 PM
I visit this forum practically every day, and usually have no trouble accessing the site.( I actually have it bookmarked so I just click on the name, and am brought to the site.) Once in awhile I will be asked to enter my password, but the only time that occurs is after I have run a program on my computer called "Crap Cleaner". This program removes unnecessary items, old registry items, and other invalid items. It also removes cookies, so I am guessing that is why the site is asking for my password. I just downloaded a new version of the program which is supposed to be more thorough, and today when accessing the site, I got a pop-up window asking me to register. I just clicked on the red "X" on that window to get the home page, and noticed today I had to enter my username as well as my password. Maybe this new version of the program cleans up all to well, as I have never received this pop-up before. Maybe you are running a similar type program that deletes info and cookies, and that is why you are getting those pop-ups asking you to login?

TheBenzon
11-02-2005, 04:59 PM
so annoying happnes to me

kenny-1907
11-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Nice to see they fixed this issue. Even with adding this site to my safe list in my firewall for some reason it logs me out again when i close even though for a couple of days it did not, but at least i can now browse again without having that "Take 30 seconds to register" thing pop up. Thanks AF :biggrin:

Twizted_3KGT
11-04-2005, 09:30 AM
werd.

Add your comment to this topic!