Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Steering High Pressure Hose

sandmshall
10-31-2005, 02:29 PM
I replaced the top high pressure hose on the Power Steering Pump and have a leak around the top bolt. Should there be cooper washers here? Nothing came with the hose when I purchased it and am getting no information from the store.

Gizmo42
10-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes there should be a copper washer on each side of the banjo fitting (has the bolt through the center). I would think they would have come with the hose.

sandmshall
11-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Nothing came with the hose. Would you have any idea what size they should be? I was told 14mm but it wont fit on the bottom side of the bolt. It will fit on top but it is still leaking. Can I just get a larger one or does it have to be a certain one?

Gizmo42
11-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Sorry, I dont know the size. I know that every banjo fitting I've worked on has copper washers on each side. I looked around on line and found a pic of the hose from some parts site and it showed the 2 washers with the hose ( http://www.racepages.com/parts/power_steering_hose/isuzu.html ). Dont know why they would sell the hose without them.

The washers should go on each side of the banjo fitting, not on the threaded fitting on the other end of the hose. Put one washer on the bolt, bolt through the fitting, then another washer, then thread in the bolt and tighten.

Add your comment to this topic!