Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help~ Plz

MX100
05-24-2002, 10:16 PM
HEY GUYS HELP~
I was paitning my Altezza just now the Fujimi HKS Kansai Altezza
and i duno y the paitn wno't stick to the body~!!! and it loosk awful now
how can i take teh paitn off~!?
Paitn thinner~!?
plz reply fast guys
i want to finish painting 2nite
PLZ

MX100
05-24-2002, 10:23 PM
OMFG~ 15 min after i painted it
i went back out after i post this Question and it started rainin...now the body is screwed even more.....
CAN SOMEON HELP PLZ>....
WAT DO I NEED TO ERASE ALL TEH PAINT?

XenoKryst
05-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by MX100
WAT DO I NEED TO ERASE ALL TEH PAINT?

Wow, your really having a bad day.

Well, like it is mentioned in the FAQ thread in the top of the forum, Castrol Super Clean! If you have it, use it! I never tried it before, as I never had the use, I'm only on my second model!

Once again, from the FAQ thread, alternatives to CastrolSuperClean could be nail polish remover(read the label! it has to be the one that says safe for plastics! Don't make this mistake!!), foaming oven cleaner or brake fluid works too.

These aren't normal things to have in the house under the sink, so I guess you can't do this tonight. :(

MX100
05-24-2002, 10:37 PM
arrr...thx newayz
not only it is a bad day it's also a sad day....
i was just @ my friend's funeral......and the hobby shop is like across from teh funeral house so i went and got the paint though ti can haev something to show my friend of before he leaves us....
no one will know hpw pissed i am right now....forget it i hate Fujimi they r gay~

XenoKryst
05-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Well, did you prime it with 2-3 coats? What kind of primer did you use? If it was Tamiya and the coats were right, I don't really see how that happened. May have been humidity, wet plastic, wet primer, etc.

I feel bad for you man, I remember about 4 years ago, while living in the ghetto called Jane & Finch in Toronto, a friend of mine was shot and killed. It wasn't his fault, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and others thought that he deserved to die. From that, I realized life is not so broad anymore, and that we can die from falling on our dead... not joking either. It taught me how fragile the human body can be. We aren't invinsible, or as strong as I had expected.:(

MX100
05-24-2002, 11:12 PM
no i didn;t use primer
but the EVO i did i didn;t sue primer too i just use soap wah the body and it turned out good
i did the saem with this one but after the soaping teh body was still pertty slipery ..mayeb it was my fault...i rushed it i gues.. arr i dun have CSC i du thin i have ne oven cleaner...there goes my altezza..
and i agree with u how life is fragile..i agree...and sorry bout ur friend..

wkma7six
05-25-2002, 12:19 AM
MX100, you need to be patient! What type of paint did you use? Even cleaners like easy-off work great for me. It works fast. I can get it done and painting within a few hours. Removes any kind of paint. Before you start painting you should at least sand with lightly with sand paper to allow the paint to have something to adhere to and then wash with soap and water. I still do models now without priming (usually I do depending on the paint I use), but I always sand the surface the of the plastic and wash. Whatever you do, don't get mad at the kit or Fujimi. It's not their fault.

Ranger_X
05-25-2002, 02:50 AM
really sorry bout your friend man

Anyway, I just fucked up the final coat on my ligtning big time too!! I'm stripping off all the paint down to the primer by starting with 180 grit sandpaper then working up to 1500 grit. I don't know how this will work for you though cause i strip stuff down to shave body lines, emblums and door handles, maybe try this while you're at it, it makes the body nice and smooth.

turbos86
05-25-2002, 02:56 AM
Go get a bottle of CSC from Canadian Tires....$6, just skip lunch for 1 day.

Add your comment to this topic!