Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Missing 5.9L

RVrebuilder
10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Hello I,m new to site wondering if someone can help.I have a 93 ram 350 with a 5.9 and 5 speed it runs good except when you get right at crusing speed the engine starts bucking and missing shaking the whole truck. You can let off it stops or give it more gas and it stops. I have replaced plugs wires throttle position sensor cap and rotor. Nothing has helped. The check engine light will flash a code 32 which I believe is a EGR code I unpluged it to see if any change but it did not. any ideas I would appreciate it Thanks

JDusen4211
10-30-2005, 05:54 PM
does it do it at the same rpm in different gears?

Hello I,m new to site wondering if someone can help.I have a 93 ram 350 with a 5.9 and 5 speed it runs good except when you get right at crusing speed the engine starts bucking and missing shaking the whole truck. You can let off it stops or give it more gas and it stops. I have replaced plugs wires throttle position sensor cap and rotor. Nothing has helped. The check engine light will flash a code 32 which I believe is a EGR code I unpluged it to see if any change but it did not. any ideas I would appreciate it Thanks

RVrebuilder
10-31-2005, 05:57 AM
Yes, It will do it in every gear just about the time you need to shift. But in high gear it does when your just giving it enough gas to stay at a steady speed . let off it stops or give it more gas it stops. The plugs when I change them where real white like they have been burning lean. Do you think the EGR valve could be stuck open or something. Thanks for the reply.

fredjacksonsan
10-31-2005, 12:33 PM
How many miles on?

RVrebuilder
10-31-2005, 06:09 PM
98000 miles

JDusen4211
11-06-2005, 01:23 PM
does it do it when it is neutral with the cluch out and then when it is in at the rmp level that it does it when you drive... this will elminate anything from the trans back... usually when the egr is stuck, it will make it run aweful all the time and black smoke will come out of the tail pipe, but it wouldn't hurt to clean it out. by it throwing a code, i would expect it to be something motor related though. the cat could be clogged causing a decrease in power which could also cause codes to be thrown because the motor thinks that soemthing isn't right. i would check the fuel pressure and volume because at higher rpms, it would cause the motor to run bad due to a lack of fuel. check the fuel filter. even check the air filter. does it idle smoothly? you could also check for vacuume leak, this can cause it to run lean. how old are the plugs, wire, cap and rotor?

here is a site that can help you better read your plugs... might give you some more direction

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:3Bc6vjf4pp0J:www.nightrider.com/biketech/spkplghnbook.htm+spark+plug+signs&hl=en

RVrebuilder
11-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Sometimes it runs fine , But it dont seem to be starving for fuel because you can stand on it and it takes off good. It,s just at cruising speed when you have the throttle cracked open just a little. Also I have replaced plugs wires cap rotor throttle posi. sencer

fredjacksonsan
11-07-2005, 06:59 AM
How about the timing chain? On the older Mopars, the 360/318 timing chain would stretch by about 70K miles. I had one that was fine at idle but would stutter from a start and was a little odd while cruising.

Add your comment to this topic!