Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New TrailBlazer

TuBlaz
10-29-2005, 10:52 PM
I just purchased a 2003 TB Extended. I have a few questions:

(1) I have the 6 disc indash changer (not Bose). I had a Bose in my old car, and it sound great. I want to keep a factory radio system, but I want better sounds (clarity & more power). Is the 6 disc Bose system better than the one I have? If so, is it worth it to change systems, or add to my current system?

(2) Where can I get another ignition key & fob (other than the dealer)?

(3) What mods can I do to my TB for a little increase in power/speed, stability and fuel economy?

Thanks in advance,

TuBlaz

Schurkey
10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I bought fobs off of eBay. Paid in the area of $15 apiece including shipping.

Ignition key should be available at any locksmith, and most hardware stores, in addition to the dealership.

ScarabEpic22
10-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Trying to put a BOSE system into a TB that doesnt have it factory is a lot of work. If you want the Bose quality, got aftermarket for a lot less and less worries.
Cheap performance mods are few for the 4.2L I6, but for the V8, there are a few more. You can get a performance air filter ~$60/air intake ~$200, a Throttle Body Spacer for about $100, exhaust ~$300-1000, and there are a few more out there.
Key FOBs get off of eBay.

balboasdelight
10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
I want to keep a factory radio system, but I want better sounds (clarity & more power).

Add a power amp and upgrade your speakers. Crutchfield.com is a good source of info.

Add your comment to this topic!