Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 Plymouth Sundance WONT START! HELP!

Soel
10-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Alright, so I bought this 90 plymouth sundance in august..and just put 1800 dollars into it to get it fixed up.. yeah i know im crazy. Anyways.. the problem is, when i would reserve it would chug a bit, but once i start moving it would run great.. then the chuggin got worse, where it would chug alot when i would stop its almost as if its going to stall out. then i was at the gas station one day, i put gas in it, n it wouldnt start, so i reved a bit n it started. Now the other day, i went to start it to go to my doctors appointment, it wouldnt start.. what so ever, it would turn over, like it was trying to start but it just wouldnt start. then I tried it later that day, it started then just stalled right out. Then tried laterr that night, it started no problem. then the next day i tried it, first try it wouldnt start, tried it again, it started.. so i drove over to the store and then i had to rev it abit to get it started.
Does anyone have a clue what the hell is going on with my car? I'm an 18 year old female that doesnt know crap about cars.. lol HELP befor ei take it to a mechanic and get screwed over haha like the 1800 dollars i put into the friggin thing!

Soel
10-30-2005, 01:52 PM
i guess no one knows anything..
:(

theFREAKnasty82
10-31-2005, 05:44 AM
it could a few things, a bad fuel pump or a leaking injector. Sounds like your engine is getting flooded with fuel when it shuts off thus causing the hard starting/no start condition you experience.

Soel
11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks,
I took it to the mechanic today, weird thing is.. this car is just over all WEIRD..lol did the codes, everything is working fine, did a winter tune up...the damn thing seems to be running pretty good.. knock wood ... anyways..thanks for your opinion thats what a few people had been telling me too.. something with the fuel pump or the injectors..

Add your comment to this topic!