Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which should i get?

iVteC_PoWeR
10-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I cant get a crx because my dad wont let me(im still under 18) because hes afraid im going to kill myself in it and he also says I have to get a newer car because he says all the EG and crx are too old soo this is all i can get...Im just wanting the cheapest but also safe way to make power...

Ace$nyper
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
wait till 18
honestly.

iVteC_PoWeR
10-28-2005, 06:40 PM
yea i was thinking about that too but when im over 18 im not going to be able to afford a car i really want so they are willing to get one of these so i can stick with one of these for a while...

Ace$nyper
10-28-2005, 06:44 PM
trust me DO NOT MODIFY A CAR UNLESS YOU LOVE IT

you will end up like me out a ton of money and bitter.

its just not worth it save up and get somthing you want that makes you happy.

I soon will be doing so and i would have been able to year or so ago and already have that modded nicly by now had i saved more money then dumping into a car i didn't like to try to make it to my liking.

iVteC_PoWeR
10-30-2005, 08:03 PM
oo well i really dont plan to mod it yet i just want to have it for daily driving at the moment so i wont have to go back and buy it later...if i do anything to it its probably just going to be bolt-ons if even that...

iVteC_PoWeR
10-30-2005, 08:06 PM
actually I just might be able to get a DA Integra LS so I might just get that and get bolt-ons and a b16 tranny...soo i was really putting that into consideration...im not getting the car yet im just saving right now and trying to research the car im going to try to get...

Ace$nyper
11-01-2005, 10:11 AM
oo well i really dont plan to mod it yet i just want to have it for daily driving at the moment so i wont have to go back and buy it later...if i do anything to it its probably just going to be bolt-ons if even that...
yea good one...

I hate to sound mocking but it doesn't happen like that if your a car person.

I said i'll stop with my b16 swap my gsr swap my lsvtec you get the point.

I also said i'm not modding my z28 thats why I have a Hurst shifter and priced true duals for it. :sunglasse

DA tegs are the bomb!

just buy my car pretty much brand new fast and its a steal!

iVteC_PoWeR
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Yea i guess thats true that when you get one thing you want another...but with the DA teg do you think I could do high 14s on a 1/4 mile with just the b16 tranny and i/h/e?

Ace$nyper
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
possible yes
probbly yea

need great driving and healthy motor but I can see those times from that setup
ps skip i/h/e do mild cams more power less money.

wait do them both hehe

iVteC_PoWeR
11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
if i got mild cams should i still get cam gears? i guess i could do the cams before i/h/e if that would get me more power in the beginning...soo i/h/e and mild cams...how much faster should that get?

Ace$nyper
11-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Yes cam gears are a great idea even with mild cams.

Cams do wonders in the b18a/b motors how wild you want to go depends on you.
Mild cams untuned have been shown to net more gains then I/H/E on LS motors. Just food for thought.

iVteC_PoWeR
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
so just a couple questions on mechanics...i dont have too much experience in it but my friends know a lot so theyll help me but i was just wondering how hard it is to install a b16 tranny, the cams, i/h/e...i wanna learn how to do it myself...

Ace$nyper
11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
tranny bolts right up.
Cams arn't hard really if you have someone to help all the better.

I/H/E most lower forms of primates can do it.

You got a sweet lil setup for a simple good DD and will be easy to make.

iVteC_PoWeR
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Any suggestion on what cams? I dont want cams that are too mild but not very aggressive either...and if i do get cams im guessing i would have to get the valve springs/retainers....

Ace$nyper
11-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Any suggestion on what cams? I dont want cams that are too mild but not very aggressive either...and if i do get cams im guessing i would have to get the valve springs/retainers....
Depending what cams you get you might not need them.

Do you want to do whole deal with that or no?

iVteC_PoWeR
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
I was thinking CTR cams...im not going all out so just some mild cams that dont involve a lot more modding and tuning...

Ace$nyper
11-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I was thinking CTR cams...im not going all out so just some mild cams that dont involve a lot more modding and tuning...
umm on a b18a/b ?

iVteC_PoWeR
11-13-2005, 08:43 AM
yea im not sure which cams would be good for a LS motor...

iVteC_PoWeR
11-14-2005, 06:55 PM
oo yea and i figured i cant put vtec cams on a b18a so i hear crower stage 2 cams really kick ass in LS...so would $500 (without install) be enough to cover that and whatever else i need with it?

Add your comment to this topic!