Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Suspension & Tire Help

rnicolas
10-28-2005, 03:45 PM
2000 toyota tacoma prerunner xtra cab V6
installed: fabtech performance coil over 3.5" lift, 33" BFG's

Is there any way for my truck to look like the white tacoma doublecab usually shown on fabtech suspension website that has the 6" lift for 4X4?
I was planning on installing a Performance Accessories 3" body Lift. Will i be able to fit 35" tires on there and will it look more like the white tacoma doublecab shown in fabtech website? Please help.

03TRDTacoma
10-29-2005, 02:23 AM
eh you COULD do the bodylift, although i personally am not a big fan of them. call up fabtech and just order the 6" lift and get the 35's you want and it'll look like that.

rnicolas
10-29-2005, 01:34 PM
they dont make the 6" fabtech lift for 2wd drive models.

todds21
10-31-2005, 08:19 AM
The Fabtech 6" lift will work on the prerunner but has not been approved by Fabtech. The Prerunner has the same suspension as the 4wd just lacks the front drivetrain. I have an 01 dubcab Prerunner and am still trying to decide how much lift to put on it. The Fabtech does get good reviews from most people that use it. I would go go www.customtacos.com and www.tacomaterritory.com and check out the forums over there. This has been discussed many times.

rnicolas
10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
they dont make the 6" fabtech lift for 2wd drive models.
thanks I'll go check that out. How come no one told me about this. I also went to an off road shop and they stated that with my 2000 Toyota Tacoma TRD Prerunner I could only get the 3.5 coil over.

todds21
10-31-2005, 11:02 AM
thanks I'll go check that out. How come no one told me about this. I also went to an off road shop and they stated that with my 2000 Toyota Tacoma TRD Prerunner I could only get the 3.5 coil over.

Are you planning on doing the install yourself or taking it to a shop? I am asking because since this is not a vendor approved lift some shops will not install it. I have found many write ups that the kit works fine on the prerunners you just use less parts and don;t have to cut the front cross member. I beleive that the shops won't do the install for liability reasons. If you go with the 35" tires you will probably need to regear to 4.56.

rnicolas
10-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Are you planning on doing the install yourself or taking it to a shop? I am asking because since this is not a vendor approved lift some shops will not install it. I have found many write ups that the kit works fine on the prerunners you just use less parts and don;t have to cut the front cross member. I beleive that the shops won't do the install for liability reasons. If you go with the 35" tires you will probably need to regear to 4.56.
do you have any specific site in mind that I can find more info on this install. My buddy works for a 4 wheel parts place, but they wont install it at the shop. He said he would help me out and find a non mainstream off road shop to do it.

rnicolas
10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
I want 35" tires anyways. Ideally i want it to look like the white double cab 6" lifted tacoma on fabtech's website. If you know anybody that has done this install i would really appreciate their contact info.

todds21
10-31-2005, 11:23 AM

They are most likely just looking at the catalog for what the vendor has approved.

todds21
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM
do you have any specific site in mind that I can find more info on this install. My buddy works for a 4 wheel parts place, but they wont install it at the shop. He said he would help me out and find a non mainstream off road shop to do it.

http://www.dorianjepsen.com/tacoma/suspensionlift/index.php

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/fabtech6/fabtech6.htm

rnicolas
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
http://www.dorianjepsen.com/tacoma/suspensionlift/index.php

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/fabtech6/fabtech6.htm
thanks a lot for your help.

todds21
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
You may have already made your mind up on the Fabtech 6" lift but I am gonna throw this out there since you already have coilovers. With the Fabtech you can't use the coilovers to gain any additional lift. With the Trailmaster lift you can use the coilovers. The Fabtech lift is a newer design and supposed to be pretty beefy. The Trailmaster 6" lift is known to have a problem with the strut and most people mod it by replacing it with a Gabriel strut. I do like the potential for being able to run coilovers but have not decided if thats worth going with the Trailmaster. I really want to run 37" tires but also know this is really pushing the limits of IFS and may be creating a money pit of never ending repairs caused by those big tires.

rnicolas
10-31-2005, 12:13 PM
You may have already made your mind up on the Fabtech 6" lift but I am gonna throw this out there since you already have coilovers. With the Fabtech you can't use the coilovers to gain any additional lift. With the Trailmaster lift you can use the coilovers. The Fabtech lift is a newer design and supposed to be pretty beefy. The Trailmaster 6" lift is known to have a problem with the strut and most people mod it by replacing it with a Gabriel strut. I do like the potential for being able to run coilovers but have not decided if thats worth going with the Trailmaster. I really want to run 37" tires but also know this is really pushing the limits of IFS and may be creating a money pit of never ending repairs caused by those big tires.

thanks bro. I think Im going to get the 6" fabtech lift. I wanted it ever since i got my truck. I only got my coil over installed becuase thats what the 4 wheel parts palce said was only available to my truck. Thansk for the websites.

Add your comment to this topic!