Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

the worst thing ever.....code 41

exalteduser
10-27-2005, 09:01 PM
my 89' 88 has the code 41 coming up. at first the light was coming on randomly but now its on all the time and sometimes shuts off for a few minutes. i feel no difference in the cars performance, and i will check the cam sensor tommorow.

but i wondered if there are any other solutions/ suggestions for code 41.

and also my exaust blew out and when i fixed it now sometimes it is a little slow to accel off first touch of pedal, almost like a slight sputter or miss. funny how it was fine on the way to the exaust shop and started the second i left. it also does it in park just when i first touch the pedal.

any help would be much appreciated

Ron AKA
10-27-2005, 11:27 PM
See this thread for my experience. Short story. My situation sounds similar and was solved by replacing the camshaft position sensor. Didn't do a dam thing other than keep the light on the dash off.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=461783

Ron

exalteduser
10-28-2005, 05:22 AM
maybe i willl try that thanks

mikesirkin
11-11-2005, 11:08 AM
I had this problem. My service engine soon light was on for 2 years. Car ran fine, but wouldn't pass a smog check. Replaced Camshaft sensor. Did not fix the problem. Had to replace a $2.00 sensor on the timing gear. Required replacing the entire Timing chain,and gear system. Total cost=$700.00. Good news: the state of California paid for most of it.

Good Luck
-MS-

Add your comment to this topic!