Page updated on 09-20-2017

2006 350z

kaoni
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
I am looking at purchasing a Z this christmas. I am just wondering if there is a wait time for ordering the 06 model. Say if I want to drive home a 2006 Z this christmas, when is the latest to place down the order?

also since 06 model has few improvements over the 05 model, is it worth the extra buck to get the 06 instead of the 05 (i ll probably be keeping the car for 5-6 yrs)

this is for Oregon US btw...info from other states are welcome too.

thanks

<SSR>David
10-27-2005, 01:53 AM
There are different body changes like the taillights and such, but not that much of a difference in my eyes. I thought the dealers already have 06 models in stock...?? Am I wrong? You should contact the Nissan dealers and ask them if you haven't already. They will tell you everything you need 2 know.

CivicLeader
10-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Yep... '06 350Z's are in stock and in dealerships... I picked up mine on Saturday...
If you can... wait until Christmas and do it at the end of the month... also, depending on what model you get... always start your negotiating a few thousand below Sticker... you'll end up coming up a little but you'll save $$$
Also... have them throw in tint, car cover, seat covers, mats, etc... the kitchen sink if you can... that stuff cost them nothing and it sweetens the deal...
Congrats
CL

carbuzzard
10-28-2005, 10:41 PM
I am looking at purchasing a Z this christmas. I am just wondering if there is a wait time for ordering the 06 model. Say if I want to drive home a 2006 Z this christmas, when is the latest to place down the order?

also since 06 model has few improvements over the 05 model, is it worth the extra buck to get the 06 instead of the 05 (i ll probably be keeping the car for 5-6 yrs)

this is for Oregon US btw...info from other states are welcome too.

thanks

It all depends on how much having the "latest" means to you. There are cosmetic differences (LED taillights, etc), hp is up to 300 with the 6-sp manual, and the power steering is now vehicle speed-sensitive. But the 2005 is just as enjoyable as it was a few months ago. Dealers with an '05 left on the lot will be, as they say, motivated. If you're particularly interested in cost, that may be the way to go. Try driving blindfolded and see if you can tell the difference between the old and the new and go from there. :lol2:

<SSR>David
10-29-2005, 01:21 AM
thats like telling someone to go kill themselves, cause when you drive the 350z all you want to do is slam the throttle. +) Well I did. Haha

Add your comment to this topic!