Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alright guys .....im starting to have second thoughts

GOD
02-07-2001, 08:56 PM
Ok i can either get a 2001 Acura Integra Type R bad ass car killer speed looks bad as anything and very limited OR i can get a 20th anniversery( miss spell ) loaded with leather ,bose stereo with subwoofer, gunmetal rims , 222 hp , lots more . I'm just wondering and having second thoughts i want a sports car and a lux car to pimp out but i dunno ...give me yalls opinions about this

texan
02-07-2001, 11:40 PM
a 20th anniversary what? Are both these new cars?

enzo@af
02-08-2001, 03:15 PM
Don't say "pimp-out". NEVER! I repeat, don't say "pimp-out"!

JD@af
02-08-2001, 05:02 PM
I follow up on Tex's question- -20th anniversary what?

But without even knowing exactly, I would recommend 0 for 2 of your options. Why buy a 2001 Type R when in mere months you can have a 2002 RS-X, with at least 200 horsepower, and maybe what, an unconfirmed 215 to 220 in the Type R? I think either of your choices would be frankly be poor ones in light of this new Honda with i-VTEC. Unless you really don't like the styling of the new car.

To me, it seems that if you get the now last generation Type R, you will kick yourself for not getting the new version once they are released, with another eight years of overall advancement (even though the Type R wasn't introduced until.. I think 1998). And who doesn't like a little attention - you will certainly attract a lot more in the new RS-X than the now out-dated Type R. And don't worry, it'll have luxury, certainly a lot more than the 2001 Type R (not 740iL luxury, mind you, but a relatively nice slice of living the sweet life while behind the wheel as part of the package).

GOD
02-08-2001, 06:16 PM
The car that i was talking about was a nissan maxima 20th annerversery . And yes i like the word (PIMPING) i hope it doesnt offend too many people . It's just that the maxima is a nice ass car and the type R is just bad ass . Well now u know what im talking about :)

JD@af
02-08-2001, 06:30 PM
Now I DEFINITELY think you should be waiting for that 2002 RS-X. Here's my explanation:

No matter how nice, powerful, pimpin', etc. a Maxima may be, it is still a big, relatively heavy sports sedan. These are great cars, I am big fans of them (especially their engines, which need no praise from me - their worth is just about a universal truth to those in the know) but they are not light on their feet like a BMW 328i. They are large cars, and they handle accordingly.

Convince yourself. Take a test drive in a Maxima (even a new generation with the 222 hp and 217 lb-ft of torque) versus even an Integra LS with a manual transmission. If you are serious about spirited driving in favor of a "pimped out" car, than this should be all the convincing you will need to stick with the Integra/RS-X choice.

GOD
02-08-2001, 08:06 PM
Well i really dont want a rs-x . I've seen some pics of it and im not exactly jumping up and down screaming . It's just i love the maxima's and the ITR's i want one of them and nothing else really . Can u post up some pics of the rs-x and some numbers on it like hp and etc . thanks

JD@af
02-08-2001, 08:28 PM
Here you will find some of the best RS-X info available on the web (courtesy of texan):

http://www.tamparacing.com/ubb-import/Forum4/HTML/000087.html

Lee Chun GSR
03-18-2001, 01:19 AM
save up your pennies and get a WRX. :)

JD@af
03-18-2001, 09:37 AM
;) SELL OUT!!

GOD
03-20-2001, 10:36 PM
wrx..is nice but if i wanted a car like that i would get the Maxima ....I guess it will be the ITR then

Nacho169
03-24-2001, 03:59 AM
Get an RS-X? WHat the hell is worng w/ you people. That car is going to be heavier than the R and it'll only have 5 more HP. My acura dealer told me that the current R will RAPE an RS-X. And even if they make an RS-X R they're gonna make an auto version of it (way to go Honda....), so they should call it a Type S. This will be the last TRUE Type R.

GOD
03-24-2001, 08:52 AM
i really really want the R but .....damn i guess i should bug my parents more :) adn keep on nagging . Theirs only one left where i live and its PY ITR . And im pretty sure some jackass will get it before ill be able to get it :( but im gonna try my hardest to get it . And welcome nacho ...are you from SAO ?

Nacho169
03-24-2001, 11:29 AM
Sup,
Yea i'm SAO's resident post whore. Good luck w/ teh R, if you need it quicker explain to your parents that you can't wait till june cuz tahts when the new (more expensive and less fast) Integra/RS-X comes out. Also, tell tehm that you can't let teh R pass because of the limited run and high demand. I lost a possible R because i couldn't explain how valuable an R was to my folks in time. It was a NBP too, my fav color. Ahh well, stil happy w/ my GSR (and alot less broke).

GOD
03-25-2001, 10:06 PM
I think im gonna have to some how get the dealer to hold the ITR ...some how i dunno how but im gonna try my dammedest to get it . ITR all the way PY 01 ITR

Brett ...i know it hurts for u to hear this but ....I love the Max and the ITR ...and when i get older ill get something more Lux ..im only 18 now so i think i rather have a 2 door car . And ill be one of the few peps in cola to have one :D

Lee Chun GSR
03-25-2001, 10:46 PM
Don't try to decide over Maxima or ITR. Just get the freeking WRX. THe WRX in my opinion, is almost an exotic. The ITR is special, but it doesn't have the potential ofthe WRX. The Maxima, I'm sure is nice, but..WRX!~!!!

:devil:

ANACC2NV
04-03-2001, 09:25 AM
I say get the RSX TYPE-S 200hp beast!!! or wait till 2003 for the TYPE-R 220 hp!!

tano
07-10-2003, 02:30 PM
What year is the maxima???

Personally i would get the ITR, its a beautiful car compared with the
rsx-s and its slightly faster than the rsx-s 1/4- 14.8-15. Also i am sure that a type r will attract more attention (much more) than an rsx. Also ive test driven the rsx-s, its very nice but it lacks soul, you dont "feel the power" like the itr. My advice is get the itr put an aem cai and comptect headers and exhaust and you quarter mile will be in the low 14's,

Maxima is also an awesome car, but its a familly car and the new ones are expensive. If you want luxery Why dont you settle for 3.5 v6 altima, same quarter ml ile time as ITR. If you want a mix of luxury/sport get a 2001 Gsr with leather seats and with bolt on mods you should be able to keep up with the ITR.

Later

Add your comment to this topic!