Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Friend With badass CRX

Chevy4lyf
05-23-2002, 10:31 PM
I was talkin to my friend and he happened to mention about this guy a while back that had a Yellow CRX. I instantly remembered him because I know for a fact that he can keep up prety well with a Lightning without spraying and without a Turbo. Well apparently, the guy went and bought another CRX that is lighter and smaller, and he went and put his old engine in it (don't know if its a B16 or B18), did some more mod work on the engine, put in a new computer, put in a new manual tranny, and he bought a Turbo and he'll hook it up with a 75 shot of Nitrous. I'm kinda freakin here cuz the Lightning is the fastest car I know that shows up at certain nighttime events besides some Camaros, Firebirds and Stangs, and since the CRX kept up toe to toe b4, I'm wondering how bad he'll whoop everyone now. He's taking out like the entire interior too, besides his seat. Say it is a GSR engine. How much power do you think an average turbo, new headers with no cat, new intake, almost everything done internally in the engine that is possible, and NOS would send him in the HP category? He thinks he'll be pumping out more than 325 at the crack, what do you guys think? Oh yeah, this is one of the hella light CRX's thats way under 2000 lbs.

crxlvr
05-24-2002, 04:32 PM
these are rough estimates:

GSR Engine B18 1.8l 180hp
new cams = 40hp
new crank = 20hp
new pistons and connect rods = 15hp
75shot of nos = 75hp
Typical Turbo = 85-100hp

415-430hp at crank, these may be way off, but i think its about right

tenzoracerevovii
06-02-2002, 03:25 AM
doesn't stock gs-r have 170?....
and this all depends one different variables....wait....you said turbo....so his pistons are probably.....like 8.5 or 9:1 compression.....cams...balh blah....nitrous.....i think it probably has like...almost 300 whp....just a rough estimate......don't yell at me if i'm wrong you mechanic geniuses....haha.....wait.....probably more than 300 .... because of the nitrous.....i hope this guy builds up his internals really strengthfully.....turbo AND nitrous......because greddy's integra has like 220 at the wheels.....the nitrous will make it around 300....so....yea...somewhere around there i believe.....

Mugen_R
06-02-2002, 07:47 AM
That crx is gonna be mint, you gotto get us some pics though

Add your comment to this topic!