Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 rodeo 2wd auto only reverse 6cyl

Snif_1
10-26-2005, 11:16 AM
:banghead: Help 1999 Rodeo 2wd 6cyl only reverse

Vehilcle has just over 100k and was shifting fine and just lost drive all at once.has a very strong reverse. i have replaced the fluid and filter. while on the lift, putting vehicle into drive gear allowed the wheels to move as they should. note apon acceleration wheels seem to accelerate as if i would put in back on the ground i would have fixed the problem...Not the case. When placing vehicle on the ground i only had reverse with a very slight movement forward. while testing in the air... when moving the shifter from low to nuetral vehicle would stall out. vehicle needed jump box to start...the only light on is abs but i dont imagine they are related in any way.I am hoping for electrical solution.. can you help?

amigo-2k
10-26-2005, 11:45 AM
could be the range selector ... see the faqs link

2eyefishclaw
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
when servicing the trans did you notice any brass shavings in the pan
if you did not remove the pans remove the front pan the little one look for debris and or brass shavings let me know what you find

Snif_1
10-27-2005, 03:14 PM
yes, I removed both pans and no evidence of any shavings in small pan. if there were shavings i missed them. the filter and main pan had what you would expect..ty

Snif_1
11-01-2005, 09:42 AM
could be the range selector ... see the faqs link

removed selector cleaned connection and reassembled... while checking wether it worked or not we bumped the winter button. we now know when the vehicle is in the winter mode it has forward gear(drive only) and reverse. when switching from winter mode to normal mode we return to only reverse. any suggestios?

Add your comment to this topic!