Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FYI: Best1Hobby/Scalemotorsport

WasteGas
10-25-2005, 02:35 PM
I placed an order lastweek at Best1hobby for some scalemotorsport products and I was wondering why I wasn't getting my order status email so I called and they said they stopped carrying scalemotorsport products starting this month.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

What's odd is that they still list the products online.

Hopefully they will go back to carrying them again in the future.

mickbench
10-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Wonder why that is..!!

I emailed scalemotorsport for some help once.. Matt who I think runs the business from the UK was VERY helpful... Nice guy, and nice products...

Media Mix carry SMS stuff, cheap postage as well...

Ogryn
10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
I had a similar experience with best1hobby.

I ordered some Fujimi wheels from them. As it turns out, they didn't have any in stock (when I ordered them, the site said they were in stock). They never emailed me or anything.

I finally told them I wanted to cancel my order after waiting 3 weeks. It took them another 2 months to actually cancel the order and send me my money back.

Apparently, they don't keep a very good inventory of their products.

D_LaMz
10-25-2005, 06:37 PM
I have ordered from Best1hobby and have always gotten good results.

badboy00z
10-26-2005, 03:16 AM
Their store is like 5 minutes away from my house. I go there so often they know me by name. Lol.

racer917
10-26-2005, 11:16 AM
00z, I'm in the exact same position you are in, I'm 15 min. away. For a small store they are very well stocked.

hirofkd
10-26-2005, 08:22 PM
It happened to me, too. Their online status doesn't correspond the actual inventory. A small difference was refunded two weeks later, and I have a mixed feeling about this. I don't mind using them again for their great prices, but I don't fully trust their inventory list.

gasman03
10-26-2005, 08:39 PM
I've ordered from Best 1 Hobby a couple times. great people to deal with. I got my Fujimi 575M in about 4 business days. not bad knowing it traveled 2000 miles

WasteGas
10-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Well I'm not saying they're bad people to deal with. I'll continue to deal with them and the person I talked to was very helpful.

I just wanted to pass on the information that he mentioned that they have discontinued carrying SMS items begining this month, which could possibly be the reason the items are still listed on the website and that they still didn't have time to update it.

Just wanted to make sure this thread wasn't going in the wrong direction.

Regards. :)

Feint Motion
10-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Their store is like 5 minutes away from my house. I go there so often they know me by name. Lol.
I know where this shop is, just never went. I might check them out in person.

bhop73
10-26-2005, 09:41 PM

00z, I'm in the exact same position you are in, I'm 15 min. away. For a small store they are very well stocked.

Heh.. i'm about 20 minutes away. They know my name too.. They do have a big stockpile in their store, what I love is that they're open on Sundays so it's easy for me to get stuff since I work during the week. (anyone 30 minutes away can post next):bananasmi

DJ_Merle
10-26-2005, 10:37 PM
I've been purchasing from them for quite some time. Only thing that ever happened was a set of wheels was discontinued, so I got my money back with my shipment. Great people to deal with, I've always been happy with there service.

sideshowscrappy
10-27-2005, 12:01 AM
where is the best1 store at that you guys are talking about????............*Ryan*

2.2 Straight six
10-27-2005, 03:59 AM
Matt who I think runs the business from the UK.

is it just run from the UK or is any of it based here ?

bhop73
10-27-2005, 06:10 PM
where is the best1 store at that you guys are talking about????............*Ryan*

http://www.best1hobby.com/html/location.html

Add your comment to this topic!