proposed for 2007

WasteGas
10-24-2005, 07:49 PM
http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/manual/fia_cdg-wing_full.jpg

hmm...

Altimas
10-24-2005, 11:37 PM
So how will the cars compare in speed on average to the 2005 spec cars?

Dreamspawn
10-25-2005, 07:43 AM
The question about speed depends greatly on 2 things. A. What all the fia allows the teams to work on to create the downforce taken away by the loss of wing. B. If they are any teams still left :evillol: Go ahead punish me for saying but i'm one that thinks the teams might be better off running there own show cause i still think formula one is supposed to be the most advanced cars in the world. Don't get me wrong they are still above and beyond now but after hearing some of the things the fia is purposing its preposterous. The one that truley made me stop believing in the FIA was when they preposed going back to gated shifters from paddle shifters. Making them use a clutch peddle with paddles i could live with, but going back 10 years or so in f1 technolgy :nono:

RallyRaider
10-25-2005, 07:08 PM
That particular development is bound to fail, just like every other idea the FIA has had recently. It's major intention (as I understand it) is to create less turbulent air behind, so following cars can get in closer without losing downforce. In theory that will allow a faster car to slot in behind through a corner and slipstream down the straight to effect a pass.

Trouble is all the teams and designers will not want this to happen to their car so will come up with other ways of making turbulent air behind. Only way for it to work is make each team run the same aerodynamics. Combine that with standard brakes, ECU and all of a sudden F1 is just another spec series.

I wonder why the FIA hasn't looked into the possibility removing the flat/stepped bottom rule and allow more downforce to be generated that way? Would have much the same effect as far as I can see.

rapstagangsta
10-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Certainly would make interesting viewing if a car gets a rear puncture, what with the bottom part of the element being that close to the rear tyre....

freakray
10-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Just looking at the drawing shows the FIA's lack of thought....the car in the drawing shows tires of differing widths, something we haven't seen in how many years?

Proof once more the FIA lives in their own little world.

Add your comment to this topic!