Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how much boost

yamaharollinhard
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
alrighty than... im new here, and i have a 99 toyota tacoma with the 2.4l dohc, i dont want to brag, and im sorry if i sound like i am, but its a nice truck. its sitting on 19"tsw rims and some 35 series tires and its been lowered 2 in the front and 3 in the back. now it has the look of a fast truck, and it is the fastest thing that we have.... wow thats sad when i say that, but i want to go faster. now i know that those motors did have turbos, but what can a 100% stock 2.4l handle?? is there any possability of getting over the 200hp mark? and what is a good turbo or supercharger kit to get? i would perfer turbo, but im not complaining. thank you for any help.

03TRDTacoma
10-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Either Go with the TRD Supercharger or the STS turbo kit

Bryan70usa
11-06-2005, 05:47 PM
if you get the supercharger your limited to about 6lbs of boost with no damage and reliability. Turbo would be better on the 2.4 liter than the 2.7(4x4) and you might be able to push a little more boost on the turbo like 7-8 lbs. You could lower the compression ratio by installing a THICKER head gasket (dont ask which one, cuz i.d.k) That forced induction alone will put you at about 160 to 180 depends on what app and lbs boost. get a full exhaust with the s/c and you could pull up to 190-200hp mark. anything past 210hp an the stock interals will likely blow it. ALSO, you need retard systems and electronics to make ANY forced induction work "properly". you could get away with "tricking" the ECU but you wont want to. money after done right. way too much for a damb tacoma. but hey thats my 2 cents worth. youll beat civics no prob though, as long as they dont have more than an intake and exhaust.

Bryan70usa
11-06-2005, 09:46 PM
if you get the supercharger your limited to about 6lbs of boost with no damage and reliability. Turbo would be better on the 2.4 liter than the 2.7(4x4) and you might be able to push a little more boost on the turbo like 7-8 lbs. You could lower the compression ratio by installing a THICKER head gasket (dont ask which one, cuz i.d.k) That forced induction alone will put you at about 160 to 180 depends on what app and lbs boost. get a full exhaust with the s/c and you could pull up to 190-200hp mark. anything past 210hp an the stock interals will likely blow it. ALSO, you need retard systems and electronics to make ANY forced induction work "properly". you could get away with "tricking" the ECU but you wont want to. money after done right. way too much for a damb tacoma. but hey thats my 2 cents worth. youll beat civics no prob though, as long as they dont have more than an intake and exhaust.
o and you can check out www.lcengineering.com

Add your comment to this topic!