New Sending Unit... Still says empty.

Racing Rice
10-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Well I just replaced the sending unit in our '99 Isuzu Amigo V6 4x4. It is still reading empty though and the low fuel light is on. I'm so frustrated. Wasted almost three hours today doing that. The old sending unit looked rough. The little prongs on one of the contacts where completely gone. I figured this would fix it for sure.

Is there something else I should look at? I double checked all of the connectors before we put the tank back up. So that shouldn't be the issue. :confused: :uhoh:

brayburks
12-01-2005, 09:53 PM
My sending unit is bad too. Did you fork out the $260.00 for the whole fuel pump assembly, or is there now a way to get just the sending unit. I checked with the local isuzu garage and they said the sending unit is only available seperate from the fuel pump on the rodeo's. Let me know. I'd like to get rid of my blinking fuel light.

94twacker
12-17-2005, 06:35 PM
my gas guage in my rodeo is stuck on full, I guess it used to work fine until it sat for a couple weeks while the guy was selling it, and its been stuck on full ever since. I really wish it worked..

Add your comment to this topic!