mirage 1994,cooling question

voy
10-23-2005, 02:14 AM
I have a mitsubishi mirage coupe s ,1994,1.5,5-manual. Could anybody please tell me which engine coolant is the best for my car?
Maybe somebody also know, how to change the engine coolant in the radiator. I would like to change it completely, not to add only.

Could anybody tell me also what is this. When I start my car there is this strange sound like screech (5-10 secounds). I heard that it can be any belt, and I should to adjust it. How to do this?
Thanks for help.
Voy

evoryda
10-29-2005, 12:02 AM
yea its probably a belt, find the one making the noise. you have to loosen the pivot points on the components, 2 bolts on the sides of the compon. holding it to a bracket. then if you look, there is a tensioner bolt, usually on the front of the bracket if its on the frontside of the motor and facing the other way if its on the back side of the motor. SOUNDS WEIRD but you should get it if you look hard enough. screw it out and it should pull it tighter(just push on it a lil to tell), if not your prob screwing it the wrong way. be careful not to over tighten it, cause itll bend the tensioner bolt. then tighten the side bolts back.
and for coolant, go to autozone or advance and ask them what kind you should use to be sure, and ask them about a radiator pressurizer to fully flush your whole system it will have directions on the how-to's.

AutoBodyGod
03-04-2006, 01:10 AM
I have a mitsubishi mirage coupe s ,1994,1.5,5-manual. Could anybody please tell me which engine coolant is the best for my car?
Maybe somebody also know, how to change the engine coolant in the radiator. I would like to change it completely, not to add only.

Could anybody tell me also what is this. When I start my car there is this strange sound like screech (5-10 secounds). I heard that it can be any belt, and I should to adjust it. How to do this?
Thanks for help.
Voy Completely flush you're cooling system out. I prefer Dex-Cool antifreeze for any car that has a aluminium head or heads. This coolant helps prevent corrosion.

Add your comment to this topic!