Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 supra doing strange stuff

funkmastab
10-23-2005, 01:56 AM
ok first the clutch get smooshed in and wont come back up and to make it driveable i have to put brake fluid in the master clutch cylynder evry couple days im pretty sure thats not normal (i just got the car and its my first stick)
AND
in the dash the brake light, battery light, and the one that has the car and looks like the tail lights are on. they wont go away whats that mean

projectsupramk3
10-23-2005, 08:49 AM
It means you have alot of work to do. If the car is running and the red battery warning light stays on, the alternator is not working and the battery is being discharged. If the car is not running, it's normal. The brake warning light is connected to the E-brake and the brake master cylinder. If you are a tiny bit low on brake fluid the light will stay on, if the E-brake is pulled it will also come on. The tail light failure warning light means you have a bulb out back there, have someone stand out back while you push the brakes and flip through the lights to see which one is out. Either that or the yellow "light failure" box in the back has shorted out, it's a fairly common problem but check the bulbs and the ground screws inside the tail lights first. I can't help with your leaky clutch system, you have to get under the car and find out where the fluid is going. It won't be hard to spot if you're losing fluid that quickly. The clutch master could be bad, the slave cylinder, the rubber lines, the connections, could be any number of things in the system.

funkmastab
10-23-2005, 03:02 PM
dam
i was thinking it would be something worse cuz they all came on at the same time and i think it is running rich cuz when i start it i smell gas and then when i get out i smell gas

funkmastab
10-23-2005, 11:45 PM
ok
so it died lol
idk what it is the battery says its half full and all the lights are really dim im not sure but it sounds like the alternator all the lights work and the brake fluid is full

Add your comment to this topic!