2000 Tahoe flasher unit

98ps190
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
The flasher constantly clicks even when the turn signal isn't used, it comes and goes sometimes it clicks all day long other days it won't click at all

I've tried replacing the flasher, no help
I've removed the cover from the steering colum and shook down all the wires but could not find anything wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

8THWONDER
10-25-2005, 06:28 PM
The flasher constantly clicks even when the turn signal isn't used, it comes and goes sometimes it clicks all day long other days it won't click at all

I've tried replacing the flasher, no help
I've removed the cover from the steering colum and shook down all the wires but could not find anything wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I am experiencing the same problem i haven't replaced the flasher but now i know that wont work,
I ve removed the cover from the steering colum, but please keep this in mind that you must disable the air bag by removing the fuse from fuse box and unplug air bag under the steering colum color is yellow. I also shook the wire too at the tilt switch, I would like to know how you remove that switch or lever to get the panel completely off around the steering colum. Because when i shook my wires it stop but as soon as I stop,it start back up meaning theres a short some were. I thought about replacing the turn signal unit but it cost $400.00 at dealer and I find it on EBAY for about $114.00 if I have to go that route i might have to but if thats not the problem that means iam back to the drawing board.If you can hit me back and explain how you got that tilt lever off.

8THWONDER

maintainin76
10-26-2005, 06:33 AM
I am experiencing the same problem i haven't replaced the flasher but now i know that wont work,
I ve removed the cover from the steering colum, but please keep this in mind that you must disable the air bag by removing the fuse from fuse box and unplug air bag under the steering colum color is yellow. I also shook the wire too at the tilt switch, I would like to know how you remove that switch or lever to get the panel completely off around the steering colum. Because when i shook my wires it stop but as soon as I stop,it start back up meaning theres a short some were. I thought about replacing the turn signal unit but it cost $400.00 at dealer and I find it on EBAY for about $114.00 if I have to go that route i might have to but if thats not the problem that means iam back to the drawing board.If you can hit me back and explain how you got that tilt lever off.

8THWONDER

I know on my 99 Tahoe, the tilt lever just pulls off. Just gotta put a fair amount of pull on it and it should come out.

98ps190
11-01-2005, 10:53 PM

8THWONDER

I found that by playing with the Hazard switch I could get the clicking to stop for the most part, it will come back briefly after using the turn signal, but it is alot better than before.

I also tried spraying electrical contact cleaner in/around the hazard switch but cant verify that it helped any.

I ordered the switch from Autozone for $165 but have yet to install it.

As far as getting the bottom part of the steering shroud off, you can get it off without removing the tilt lever, just adjust the steering wheel while you're removing it and it will come off. It just takes some time finding the right position of the steering wheel to get the cover off.

Good luck.

8THWONDER
11-20-2005, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=98ps190]I found that by playing with the Hazard switch I could get the clicking to stop for the most part, it will come back briefly after using the turn signal, but it is alot better than before.

I also tried spraying electrical contact cleaner in/around the hazard switch but cant verify that it helped any.

I ordered the switch from Autozone for $165 but have yet to install it.

__________________________________________________ _________________

I was wondering did you replace the switch that you got, and did that solve your problem if so let me know.

8thWonder

Add your comment to this topic!