Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

E-Brake light in 98 Mont. Sport

ajbringle
10-22-2005, 07:53 AM
My wife's montero has developed a curious problem... she went over a speed bump (slowly) and her e-brake light came on. The brake itself was off and she even tried putting it on and releasing it and the light stays on.

The brakes are not dragging and they work as they should, but the dammmmmm light won't go out.

Any thoughts? Maybe the sensor broke.... dunno. Anyone w/ advise or that has had a similar problem please let me know where to look.

98 Montero Sport, 3.0, 4x4

ajbringle
10-22-2005, 03:03 PM
someone.....anyone........

ajbringle
10-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Can nobody even take a guess.... This is sad.

I have taken the console apart and checked the switch at the e-brake itself and it is fine.

There has to be someone who has had a similar incident...

off-roader
12-24-2005, 01:30 AM
My wife's montero has developed a curious problem... she went over a speed bump (slowly) and her e-brake light came on. The brake itself was off and she even tried putting it on and releasing it and the light stays on.

The brakes are not dragging and they work as they should, but the dammmmmm light won't go out.

Any thoughts? Maybe the sensor broke.... dunno. Anyone w/ advise or that has had a similar problem please let me know where to look.

98 Montero Sport, 3.0, 4x4

The brake light turns on when you pull up the parking brake and when you're low on brake fluid. When mine comes on, I know I need to replace my brakes soon.

Add your comment to this topic!