Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Integra gs-r vs BMW 325is..who will win

LOWMONTE817
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
So this kid wants to race me for money, and I am trying to figure out if I can beat him. I drive a BMW 325 and its pretty quick. Now I know this is a acura chat room, but don't hate. I don't know exactly what year his car is, but I know it's a gs-r and I think he has the basic bolt ons: intake, exhaust etc... My car has 189HP stock and weighs about 3000 lbs. I have an intake, Borla exhaust and a conforti chip. Have any of you guys ever raced a 325 or a 328? DO you think I can take him?

pepsihatman
10-20-2005, 05:44 PM
A 328 is a good race for me. I was about even with one a while back when I only had my intake. I had my 1998 GSR with an intake at that time. I think it was stock except for exhaust (that's all I saw on it). I was just barely able to edge on him up top. (we only raced from about 45-50mph to about 100mph) Got two runs in on the highway. If the guy you are trying to race just has intake, header, and a catback then I think you are still about even. I'm not sure how 328's respond to mods, but the chip probably gives you an advantage if it's a decent ecu mod. It's probably a close race if you both know how to drive. *shrug* That is just my opinion though.

You ever quarter your car? I'm curious as to what it would run. Also, what year is your car?

JattGsr
10-20-2005, 07:04 PM
So this kid wants to race me for money, and I am trying to figure out if I can beat him. I drive a BMW 325 and its pretty quick. Now I know this is a acura chat room, but don't hate. I don't know exactly what year his car is, but I know it's a gs-r and I think he has the basic bolt ons: intake, exhaust etc... My car has 189HP stock and weighs about 3000 lbs. I have an intake, Borla exhaust and a conforti chip. Have any of you guys ever raced a 325 or a 328? DO you think I can take him?

well weight is a big factor and the gsr has you their but the bmw has torque in the low end so it should be even. It all depends on the mods and the driver.

I always loved bmws especially the 540i how are the 3 series overall is it worth the price. I'm looking at a 1995 m3.

LOWMONTE817
10-21-2005, 09:10 AM
My car is a 95 325is. They have the same horsepower as the 328, well pretty much 189hp vs 190hp. Ive been pretty happy with my car so far. Once you drive one, you will never want anything else. They are just so much fun to drive. If you can afford the M3,go for it. They handle a bit better and they have a bit more power. I've raced around with a couple of them and I can almost keep up with them with my mods. They probably still have about 20 HP more than me. My ECU is a turner motorsports chip which is made by Jim Conforti who is supposedly the best BMW tuner out there. The chip makes the biggest difference up high in the RPMs. On the dyno, they show a 22 HP gain at about 6500 RPM's. The stock dyno starts to drop rapidly after 5000-5500 RPM's. Plus now I have a nice 7000 RPM rev limiter. I did take my car down the track once, but I didn't get a good run. I turned my car off to watch another car run in front of me and when I turned it back on, I left my traction control on. When I launched, the TC kicked in and I totally bogged. I wont make that mistake again. I ended up with a 15.6 time and a 2.39 60 ft. My reaction time was about 2/10 sec off.

LOWMONTE817
10-21-2005, 09:19 AM
the bmw has torque in the low end so it should be even. It all depends on the mods and the driver.

Actually, my car is not a torque monster. My power doesn't kick in until the higher RPM's just like yours. Granted it's probably a little sooner, around 3500 RPM's. We have VANOS which is kind of similar to your VTEC.

Schister66
10-21-2005, 10:52 AM
well 15.6 should be close to the GSR, i really think its going to come down to who is the better driver...

LOWMONTE817
10-21-2005, 11:49 AM
The 15.6 is probably my car at it's worst. If my traction control wasn't on, it would have been quite a bit faster. I have seen people with my car that have similar mods down in the high 14's. I've seen a couple with a 14.7.

pepsihatman
10-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Integras with Intake, header, and exhaust can run about the same (high 14's)

spaminator
10-21-2005, 07:10 PM
i think it would be an interesting race to see

pepsihatman
10-21-2005, 07:34 PM
i think it would be an interesting race to see

Yea! Get a video of it and post it here!

sjkelly
10-22-2005, 08:03 AM
its all about the launch

MuscleNRice
10-23-2005, 11:01 PM
integra rs owner here (not relevant), and I can only guess that itll be damn close. All I have to say is that im a 3 series/m3 fan and am seriously considering it as my next car, and if it has variable valve timing thats even cooler. what years is vanos on the 3 series? vanos uses a chain to differently syncronize the cams and crank right? is it continuous or in stages? sorry about all the questions.

Let us know what happens.

iVteC_PoWeR
10-24-2005, 05:01 PM
u said your not sure exactly what year it is but you should be able to distinguish whether its a 92-93 GSR or a 94+ GSR because you can tell in the looks...92-93 GSR are slightly faster than 94+ stock for stock and if you match mod for mod then 92-93 GSR would still take it...

LOWMONTE817
10-24-2005, 06:32 PM
u said your not sure exactly what year it is but you should be able to distinguish whether its a 92-93 GSR or a 94+ GSR because you can tell in the looks...92-93 GSR are slightly faster than 94+ stock for stock and if you match mod for mod then 92-93 GSR would still take it...

This car has the round headlights. Does that mean its a 94+? I dont have a video camera, but I'll see if he has one. I'm not really sure exactly how the VANOS works. I know it advances the timing in the higher RPM's. I'm not sure how or what else it does. It has been raining here for the last week, so no race yet. I think I'm gonna race him, it's only $50. I can launch pretty well. The only prob is that I just took my rims off and put my winter tires on. I haven't had much practicing my launch with these. They aren't quite as sticky as my summer tires, but they aren't to bad.

Add your comment to this topic!